INS Denial Poor moral character

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INS Denial Poor moral character

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been denied due to an arrest that took place when i was 16 it was a burglary charge but it was charged as a misdameanor. It states in the "poor moral character section" it has to be 5 years from the time of incident to the time of application. I am now 21 and the 5 year mark will be the end of this year. What i would like to know is once we pay the additonal 605.00 and get a review hearing will my case be seen as "passed the statutory period" once this year is over?

What i would like to know is once we pay the additonal 605.00 and get a review hearing will my case be seen as "passed the statutory period" once this year is over?
    Five years is correct. If I were you, I would definitely speak with a reputable attorney before proceeding. Good luck.

Comment

No, wait a year and reapply.

Comment

Originally posted by Militarybound:
        Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been denied due to an arrest that took place when i was 16 it was a burglary charge but it was charged as a misdameanor. It states in the "poor moral character section" it has to be 5 years from the time of incident to the time of application. I am now 21 and the 5 year mark will be the end of this year. What i would like to know is once we pay the additonal 605.00 and get a review hearing will my case be seen as "passed the statutory period" once this year is over?
        INS denial of what?
        SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushmaster:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Militarybound:
          INS denial of what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assumed it was for naturalization, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Bushmaster ain't too bright.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              Seeing "militarybound", figured he already has a status.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushmaster:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                Seeing "militarybound", figured he already has a status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same thought. Maybe he will come back and clarify, but I do think he's already an LPR and trying to become a citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                  I had the same thought. Maybe he will come back and clarify, but I do think he's already an LPR and trying to become a citizen.
                  Good idea to wait and see what he says...

Comment

Sorry for not clarifying, but its for naturalization. Ive been trying to get into Airforce but the job needs Secret Clearence without citizenship i cannot apply for it. I dont have a valid "Green Card" either, it expired in 2007. FYI no it doesnt affect me getting my citizenship.

Comment

We do not want criminals in our country and in our military. Please leave immediately !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Militarybound:
                        Sorry for not clarifying, but its for naturalization. Ive been trying to get into Airforce but the job needs Secret Clearence without citizenship i cannot apply for it. I dont have a valid "Green Card" either, it expired in 2007. FYI no it doesnt affect me getting my citizenship.
                        Did you apply for a renewal for your greencard? If you had, you could have used that for your enlistment. In your situation, applying for naturalization under military service would have worked best but you already applied. Anyhow, I am not sure about the hearing now, as my N-400 was a military application, and even though had an INS arrest, I didn't have an issue. And that arrest was within the 5-yr period. So at this point, I recommend that you take letters of recommendation to that hearing attesting to your good moral character since then, maybe a letter from the recruiting station stating that you have the necessary qualifications for the job ... Same incident (and all incidents up to 7 years) will have to be disclosed on your clearance application. In these type of things, the less supporting documents you have, so are the chances of getting what you want.

Comment

Dear militaryhound....good news....ProudUSC is looking for a few good thieves....just give her a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
                            Dear militaryhound....good news....ProudUSC is looking for a few good thieves....just give her a call.
                            Lol, you love ragging on me, don't you S12? That's okay. I know you like me. You're holding back is all.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i know i can go thru the military with a green card my bro did. Only issue is the job ive been training for requires us citizen for the opsec. It took my bro bout 3 yrs just to get his done.

Comment

Working...
                              X