EAD appointment question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD appointment question

I just received letter of "to complete processing your I-765" (EAD). And now I am very nervous since I have worked before without EAD, but with real SSN# and paid all my taxes. Now I am married to USC, and filed all I-485 (already received my AP). What should I be prepared to and what else should I bring to the appt., except passport? Please help!!

I just received letter of "to complete processing your I-765" (EAD). And now I am very nervous since I have worked before without EAD, but with real SSN# and paid all my taxes. Now I am married to USC, and filed all I-485 (already received my AP). What should I be prepared to and what else should I bring to the appt., except passport? Please help!!

Comment

Just bring your passport or birth certificate with you and all receipts from INS esp. I-485. Or bring all necessary docs. with you just in case they will go nuts asking for more.

Comment

OK, I'll take all possible docs to the apt., but should I be honest about my work if they ask, and bring my tax returns as well? I was never even asked for work permit when I started working, times were different before 9/11, and no one cared to check... Do you guys think that they'll forgive me my unauthorized work? And how tough the EAD interviews are usually? Maybe someone has experiences...?

Comment

My husband had to go for an EAD interview twice now, and they didn't even do anything except take his picture, fingerprint him, and hand him his EAD! We had loads of paperwork, etc., and they didn't even look at it, let alone talk to either of us. It's really not a big deal - I think INS just has a bunch of sadists working for them, and like to make people sweat!

Comment

Working...
          X