Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my Greencard!

Hi everybody,

I just received my conditional Greencard (marriage based) in the mail. It took little over three months after my AOS interview. Thank you all for your helpful advise in the process. I especially would like to thank Mohan.

Steve

Hi everybody,

I just received my conditional Greencard (marriage based) in the mail. It took little over three months after my AOS interview. Thank you all for your helpful advise in the process. I especially would like to thank Mohan.

Steve

Comment

Congratulation steve.
      Next step is to remove the condition after two years of marriage.
      Good luck

Comment

Wow, are you lucky! May I ask when you initially filed your paperwork, and at what BCIS/INS center? Our process has been going on forever...
        Jill

Comment

That is great Steve! Are you a canadian living in TX as well? I also have to ask, is the interview as actually as bad as they make it out to be? Also, did you have a lawyer helping you out?
          Amy

Comment

Hi I was wondering if anyone can clear up a rather confusing issue I have? I have a friend in the UK that was refused entry into the states in 1993. He would like to come back, but doesn't know if he will be allowed to enter now or not. Does anyone have any suggestion who we can talk to, to get some answers? thanks

Comment

Congratulations Steve!

I too received my greencard last week. We were interviewed in February and 2months later the greencard is here.

Comment

We filed in April of 2002 at the INS center in Arlington, Virginia. The AOS interview was not bad at all. We had brought tons of evidence, but the officer was only interested in seeing our lease, joint bank account statements, evidence of an income above the poverty level, different bills in both our names and my medical exam. She hardly asked us any personal questions at all. Good luck. Steve

Comment

i have a question about medical exam. Did u take the medical exam report with u at the time of interview or u had sent it alongwith ur other papers before the interviw? Thanks

Comment

Depending on where you file some Service Centers require you to send the Medical Exam along with the AOS package, others allow you to bring it on the day of the interview.

Check with your local office what their policy is.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

Comment

Some District Offices do not clearly state that they like the Medical Examination sent right from the beginning (along with the I-485) or only on the day of the interview -- in this case it is presumed that applicants should send it when filing. Yet, because the Medical is only needed on the day of the interview and it is valid for 1-year only, some District offices may not be that picky about your not sending it right from the beginning. Bottom line: you can never predict what they will say until you send them the AOS package without the Medical.

Comment

Working...
                      X