My husband's K3 interview in Mumbai

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband's K3 interview in Mumbai

He got RFI 221(g). What's up with Mumbai? He waited two hours for the first interview. Then he waited three hours for the second interview.

I think they feel they must find something wrong. Our TRUE COPY of the marriage certificate does not bear my signature or my husband and three witnesses. The only signature on the TRUE COPY is the marriage registrar with his seal. Our names are typed there as are the witnesses. Beside each name is (SD) indicating the original certificate is signed. I was afraid this would be a problem, but the registrar said this is the way the Special Marriage Act of 1954 marriage certificates are done. He said he has done many, and the consulate accepts the TRUE COPY. Well not today!!!!!!!! It was 3:30 p.m. and my husband said the lady gave him a form and asked him to come back tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. to discuss it. I guess another interview. In fact, there were three K3 interviews in Mumbai today, and all three have to return tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. What's up with these people? I mean if they were going to flat out deny the visa, I guess they would have done that today and not set another appointment for tomorrow for him to come back. I just don't know what to expect for tomorrow.

Any ideas? By the way, at my insistence my husband went to the marriage registrar about 2 months ago to get a copy of the original marriage certificate bearing all signatures and again he was denied this, and the marriage registrar said this is kept in the High Office, and we cannot have copies of that.

He got RFI 221(g). What's up with Mumbai? He waited two hours for the first interview. Then he waited three hours for the second interview.

I think they feel they must find something wrong. Our TRUE COPY of the marriage certificate does not bear my signature or my husband and three witnesses. The only signature on the TRUE COPY is the marriage registrar with his seal. Our names are typed there as are the witnesses. Beside each name is (SD) indicating the original certificate is signed. I was afraid this would be a problem, but the registrar said this is the way the Special Marriage Act of 1954 marriage certificates are done. He said he has done many, and the consulate accepts the TRUE COPY. Well not today!!!!!!!! It was 3:30 p.m. and my husband said the lady gave him a form and asked him to come back tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. to discuss it. I guess another interview. In fact, there were three K3 interviews in Mumbai today, and all three have to return tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. What's up with these people? I mean if they were going to flat out deny the visa, I guess they would have done that today and not set another appointment for tomorrow for him to come back. I just don't know what to expect for tomorrow.

Any ideas? By the way, at my insistence my husband went to the marriage registrar about 2 months ago to get a copy of the original marriage certificate bearing all signatures and again he was denied this, and the marriage registrar said this is kept in the High Office, and we cannot have copies of that.

Comment

Good luck with Mumbai my fiancee had his first interview on Nov. 4th was told to come back the next day with all the stuff he had that day then after the 2nd interview was asked for more stuff and after the 3rd was told the petition is now under administrative review and they could give us no time frame for this to be completed we had plans to marry on Nov 21st in the states. Now we are in Limbo again.

Comment

Hi SPrasad,
        Registrar is right. There is no signature of spouses on marriage certificate except Seal, registrar's sign and one witness. Mine is like that too. You and your spouse just sign the original application for registration of marriage but there is no sign on real marriage certificate. So don't worry about that....US Consulate must know it as they deal with marriage-based visa for long and laws are same all over India weather you get marriage certificate from any state. So don't worry there is nothing wrong with marriage certificate.
        What I don't understand is now US Consulate has became probably very strict after Iraq war or whatever the reason may be...my friend is getting hard time too with them though it didn't seem to be such a horrible process just a year and half ago.....Wish you good luck...Pasha

Comment

Well obviously they couldn't find anything else wrong with our paperwork, so they picked on this. I told my husband the same. I am sure they see hundreds of these marriage certificates a month, and they know well what they look like and that nothing is wrong with ours.

The thing my husband noted was only that the lady put a circled F at the bottom of the paper. We don't know what this means. He said the interviews were fine, and they were nice--not at all what we expected. He said they seemed fine with all his answers. It was getting late, probably 3:30 p.m. when she asked him to come back in the morning at 7:30. I am hoping it was only due to the late hour and not something else. Nothing was marked for him to bring other than what he brought today.

I am hoping we don't land in admin review for no reason at all. We've waited over 7 months for this process already.

Comment

Hi Ladymedtech,
            Can you please tell me what did the Embassy people find wrong with the paper work that made then make your fiance come back 2 times to the Embassy for interview. Also did they give you a reson why your File was under Admin review?
            Thanks,
            Vpatel

[This message was edited by vpatel on November 20, 2003 at 01:43 PM.]

Comment

hey sprasad, dont worry he will be fine in the morning, I am worrying now too because my marrige cert says same thing SD and does not have our signature on it. Well I am hearing lots of bed stories about Mumbai lately. I wonder if we can write to somebody. Its crazy they are not stopping illegal aliens but they are stopping who are legal in the us. I know someone just got his wife in like 3 months and yet he doesn't even have greencard and we are US citizens and being treated badly. I wonder how did they got by ? anyways its crazy. I hope everything goes fine for you.

Comment

vpatel,
                Hi. Well the first time they asked for what he had with him but they refused to look at it that day, the second day they asked for pics from my previous weddings i guess to acertian that i am not in the habit of marrying foreigners and the 3rd time they decided to do the administrative review. They did not give us any particular reason just that they wanted to take a closer look at the case. I am a bit older than my fiancee and have been married before. They couldn't find a reason to refuse it outright because we had to much evidence of our relationship so this is their way to delay us in getting the visa. Now my fiancee has to go back to europe to work and we aren't sure how this will affect the visa once they do the review which they couldn't give us a time frame except to say it could be months.

Comment

Please do not worry, all will be fine in the morning.
                  This type of copies are issued in Asia, and the consular staff should know they are localy employed, on the other hand they do not explian to the consular officer even. to cut long story short here is the answer to the above. Where is your copy of the Marrige Certificate?
                  Get the copy from Registarer, If you know any Government Official get the Registar's signature authenticated by any ministry.
                  Our you should follow the Instruction on I-130, any of your relatives who has attened you marriage and knows all the fact they can sign the affidavit to this effect. This is all lack of information on the part of staff.

Comment

Hey Sprasad,
                    This is Vpatel. Hey I wanted to knwo what happen to your husband on the third interview and if they finally give him the visa or not. I am not sure if I have missed anyof your other postings but I thought I woudl ask you. So if you dont mind replying back.
                    Thanks,
                    Vpatel

Comment

Yes I posted, but maybe you didn't see that. Altogether he has been "interviewed" by four people there in a matter of two days. Now he has to take them my marriage certificate from my previous marriage and pics of that marriage! They also want copies of the papers we signed and had filed prior to our marriage and the envelope I sent them to him in! Well he has that, and I sent the other things to him yesterday. He should get them Friday, and he plans to go back a third time next Thursday, December 4th. I am not even getting my hopes up this time. This is the third time he has been there now. Hopefully this time they will look at the cards and letters, phone bills, and all these other things they have requested. They never even asked for my tax statements!!! I think they get focused on one small thing to gripe about and forget all the other details. I am hoping finally they will issue his visa next week, but I have learned from all this not to expect it until they put us through yet more delays. It's complete nonsense there with the K visa.

Comment

I wish you and your husband all the best SPrasad....It seems to me they are looking at stuff that's not even that much important...but what else can I say??? just bad luck....Wish you all the best and dont forget to update us here.....Have a good night...Pasha

Comment

Working...
                        X