RECEIPT NUMBER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECEIPT NUMBER

what is receipt number? And when you supposed to get it? I had the interview for adjustment of status but I don't have a receipt number.

what is receipt number? And when you supposed to get it? I had the interview for adjustment of status but I don't have a receipt number.

Comment

Way back when you first filed for your AOS, you will have gotten a letter back from the INS listing that they received your documents and the aproximate processing times. That document has the receipt number on it and is clearly identified as such.

Comment

I know that, but when I tried to check my status online, it required receipt number which contains 13 characters, my receipt number has only 7.

Comment

For what I see, you won't be able to check the status of your application on line. This service is only good for petitions and applications filed with the regional centers, not the district offices which are the ones who handle and process all applications for permanent residence. since you already had your interview, the only office who could give you the status of your application will be the district office in which you filed, and had the final interview, and that you can inquire locally at the office with your A# which is the one number that you are referring to.

Comment

Thanks for information, I really appreciate your respond.

Comment

I apply for AOS with my I-130, I have 13 digit receipt no for I-130 which was approved. INs send me a letter which gave us processing time but that letter don't have receipt number. we did not received any other receipt. I filed in vermont in 1998. we never had Interview/finger print etc. How to find the staus of I-485.

Comment

Working...
              X