Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will INS take I-94 when applying for GC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will INS take I-94 when applying for GC?

Hi,

I was wondering if the INS take my I-94 when I apply for GC? Or they will take it when I go to the interview? What will happen If I fail the interview? Will the INS give me back my I-94?

Any idea or experienced, please reply.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi,

I was wondering if the INS take my I-94 when I apply for GC? Or they will take it when I go to the interview? What will happen If I fail the interview? Will the INS give me back my I-94?

Any idea or experienced, please reply.

Thanks,

Lee

Comment

No, the INS does not take I-94. You keep that for departure.

Comment

They took my I94 during the interview.

Comment

They will take the I94 during the interview if you are petition is approved. Otherwise they will tell you what to do.
          So, if they take the I94, this is a good sign.

Comment

What if they took I-94 when they took the application? Any idea?
            The INS took my mother's application and her I-94 at the same time.

Lee

Comment

Is this real that it is a good sign if at the green card interview INS take the I94?

Any other experiences like this?

Thanks
              Mauka

Comment

I want to know too!!! - Does that really mean the AOS has been approved?
                I just interviewed with BCIS this morning and my I-94 was taken too. But that officer took off my I-94 from passport in the very beginning of our interview. I doubt this as a sign of approval.

Comment

They took my I-94 at the time I filed the AOS (I-485) package (I filed at a filed office, if it makes any difference). Any thoughts?

Marcaurel

Comment

Phew! I was worried 'cause my hubby's I-94 is missing. They must have taken it when he was approved at I-485 interview.
                    Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

They take the 1-94 at the AOS interview because you are not a non immigrant anymore. LPR and citizens don't need 1-94.

I don't understand why one has to give original 1-94 as part of 485 package (copy should have been sufficient to prove legal entry).

Comment

Did they take you finger print? I checked a similar case like yours on a different site. There INS took he 1-94 but could no approve due to background check delays. INS told them a notice will sent soon. At that time the petioner has to go the INS office to get passport stamped

Originally posted by Katherine:
                        I want to know too!!! - Does that really mean the AOS has been approved?
                        I just interviewed with BCIS this morning and my I-94 was taken too. But that officer took off my I-94 from passport in the very beginning of our interview. I doubt this as a sign of approval.

Comment

Yes when they take I94 it means you are approved, unless they later find something to invalidate the decision. If your interviewer decides that you are OK, they will take it from your passport and keep it.

Thats what they did for me. They told me I dont need the I94 anymore, and stamped my passport "Admitted for PR on..." and they cancelled my visa, by placing a huge X on the face of the visa page.

All that meant that I was (C)PR.

I hope this will help someone because with this BCIS stuff, everyone thinks they have a big problem untill they see the stage others are in-like the man who complained they did not have shoes until they met someone who did not have legs!

Comment

Working...
                          X