Responsibilities of Sponsor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsibilities of Sponsor

A visitor is in the U.S. His son-in-law files an I-864 to sponsor him as an immigrant so that he can stay in the U.S. The I-864 has not yet been processed. While still in the U.S. the visitor has a stroke and is in a coma and racking up tremendous medical bills. The visitor does not have health insurance. Can the hospital/medicaid sue the sponsor for reimbursement of the medical bills? Can the sponsor (the son-in-law) revoke the sponsorship (pull the I-864) so that he doesn't have any responsibility?

A visitor is in the U.S. His son-in-law files an I-864 to sponsor him as an immigrant so that he can stay in the U.S. The I-864 has not yet been processed. While still in the U.S. the visitor has a stroke and is in a coma and racking up tremendous medical bills. The visitor does not have health insurance. Can the hospital/medicaid sue the sponsor for reimbursement of the medical bills? Can the sponsor (the son-in-law) revoke the sponsorship (pull the I-864) so that he doesn't have any responsibility?

Comment

Working...
    X