Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If somebody who is not PR bought a house, please share your thoughts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If somebody who is not PR bought a house, please share your thoughts.

Hi, I found a nice house and I am ready financially to take the responsability. Currently I am adjusting status to PR under EB1 category. At the present time I have a ss# ,a valid work permit and waiting for the
    I-485 interview(at least 7 more months).
    My question is: Can I buy the house with the papers I have ? or do I have to wait until I became PR? Thank you for your time and advice.

Hi, I found a nice house and I am ready financially to take the responsability. Currently I am adjusting status to PR under EB1 category. At the present time I have a ss# ,a valid work permit and waiting for the
    I-485 interview(at least 7 more months).
    My question is: Can I buy the house with the papers I have ? or do I have to wait until I became PR? Thank you for your time and advice.

Comment

Yes You can buy a house. I know some people who bought the house two years ago.

Comment

Even illegal aliens can buy houses. An American/PR co-signer would do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ;143660
          Even illegal aliens can buy houses. An American/PR co-signer would do just fine.
          Just make sure whoever is filling out the paperwork doesnt check the box that you ARE a permanent resident because that could cause problems if you ever apply for citizenship (they see that as lying).

Comment

Working...
          X