No announcement yet.

new york city, i am getting so worried.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new york city, i am getting so worried.

according to the timetable, nyc is processing june 2002 already, but so far i have not received anything either from nyc office or missouri, i know my file was transfered over to missouri sept. 25. what happened?

i am getting desperate, i am so worried that my file gets lost,
    can i file a new one, what should i do?

according to the timetable, nyc is processing june 2002 already, but so far i have not received anything either from nyc office or missouri, i know my file was transfered over to missouri sept. 25. what happened?

i am getting desperate, i am so worried that my file gets lost,
    can i file a new one, what should i do?

Comment

i have ead, advance parole, stuff.

but i have not received any fingerprint or interview notice at all.

i am getting desperate. somebody knows what is going on? what are my options?

Comment

How'd you know that your file was transfered to Missouri if you filed yours in Feb 2002?

I also filed mine in Feb. 2002 and like you haven't receive anything yet.

Comment

mag...Technically, you should have your interview sometimes around Feb 2004.(marriage to USC). Im surprized you haven't received your EAD and interview notice yet. If I were you, i would definately go to Federal Plaza and find out what's going on. Have you tried calling the INS 1-800 number? If you haven't do it and ask to speak to an immigration agent.

You can also contact the Mayor's office of immigrant affairs...they can do an enquiry on your behalf and takes about a month to hear back from them.

Good luck

OxO

Comment

I got my EAD, i renewed it twice already. I have not got any thing telling me to do fingerprint or interview at all.

I went to federal plaza, they told me that together with the other 5000 files, mine goes to missouri, i called the 800 number, they said they don't know why, as for new york, it went up to june 2002 file already.

Comment

Hello Nyc, I am worried , too. Maybe you want to read my story. I have something similar with yours, it seems that they skipped my case too, (i filed in jan. and they are up to may. Read if you are interested.(I'll put my message up so you can see it.(by "AbFab")
              Good luck to us, and all.

Comment

I filed in Dec 2001 my interview was in Dec 2004. How can they be doing May???

Comment

sorry, my interview was Dec 2003

Comment

hi, does anyone with the same timeline hear anything from either new york or missouri?

mine was 2/11/2002. it is almost 2 years without an interview notice.

Comment

Hi,

So far, it's still the same. We haven't receive anything yet.

We put an inquiry with the help of Public Advocates office and they said that my I-485 is in National Benefits Center.

I really have no idea what the **** is my application doing there. It's gonna be 2 years next month and we should have received the fingerprint notice atleast.

For anyone whose dealing with NYC USCIS, please share your experiences.

Thanks

Comment

FOR ALL OF YOU WORRIED PEOPLE LISTEN UP!!!!!!

The files were sent to Missouri because scheduling for NYC cases is going to be handled by the NBC (National Benefit Center) located in Missouri. They will do all of the up-front processing (issuing receipts, scheduling for fp, processing EAD & AP requests, starting records checks, etc.). All of the files have been put in order by month/day/year of filing. NYC will tell them how many to schedule per day and they will schedule. When it gets close to the appt date the files will be sent back to NYC for the interviews. Also, the June 2002 processing date is not accurate. It is more like Feb/Mar 2002. Also, fp notices are sent out with the appt letter the reason for this is that the fp results are only good for 15 months and the processing time is in excess of 24 months. If you were sent for fp immediately after you filed for the green card you would most likely end up going twice. In an effort to avoid that people are scheduled 4-6 weeks prior to the interview......time enough to get the results.

Comment

Hi Mag,

Hope this helps. I'm from NYC too and heres my timeline:

June 2002 - filed application based on married to USC. 6 months later, got my EAD, Social security (December 2002)

Renew my EAD December 2003. In December, received a letter for 1-485 fingerprinting appointment. I called Woodside biometrics office for fingerprinting which was scheduled this week 1/22. The letter came from National benefits center (Missouri). Based on my friend's experience, schedule of interview is usually 2 months after the fingerprinting. I'm also waiting for letter re medical. Hopefully, i can get an interview before June, but i would rather have an interview after June so they will waive my conditional GC.

You said that you filed in Feb 2002 -- 4 months earlier than me. Don't worry,everything will be okay..... Goodluck, keep us posted about the latest.

Comment

Working...
                          X