Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am desperate and I need your help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am desperate and I need your help please!

Hi, please have the pacience to read this mesage. I don't know what to do, I can't sleep anymore, I love this country so much and now the thought of beeing deported is just horrifing me . I came in this country in 1997 as a dependent child (family reunification with my father)When I entered the US they stamped my passport saying :Political Asylum Granted.Since then I worked 6 days/week and I pay taxes like everyone else. In july 1998 1 year later I filled out my I-485, 10 months later I had an interview with INS(everything was OK) they told me to wait an answer in the mail. I read on this board that asylum cases takes many years to process. After 4 years from my interview I received a letter from INS asking me to do the fingerprint again and I received a receipt # OF MY CASE.I checked # I was told that my case take 300-330 days to process.It was started to be processed on feb.5th 2002. Two weeks ago I got from INS a letter saying because now I am over the age of 21 regulatory guidance requires that I have fille out a political asylum form on my own right and I can't not adjust as a derivative asylee anymore. I filled out the form I-589 and where they kept asking questins like : Do you feel fear , have you been beaten , abused..etc I filled out as N/A in my case . Now I realize that I should have write diferrent answer , but thruly I thought I don't have to prove these things since I already I was granted political asylum as a dependent child.
    SINCE I ALREADY SENT THE I-589 FORM TO THE INS AND THEY GOT IT ON AUGUST 7,2002, CAN I ASK THEM TO SEND ME BACK THE FORMS SO I WILL FILL OUT CORECCTLY ? IS IT POSIBLE TO GET DEPORTED AFTER THEY GRANTED MY ASYLUM AS A DEPENDENT CHILD ? iF I HIRE A LAWER AT THIS POINT WILL HE BE ABLE TO RETRACT ME FORM AND FILL IT PROPERLY, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE FORM.THANK YOU I WILL CHECK YOUR ANSWERS WITH ALL MY HOPES OPEN

Hi, please have the pacience to read this mesage. I don't know what to do, I can't sleep anymore, I love this country so much and now the thought of beeing deported is just horrifing me . I came in this country in 1997 as a dependent child (family reunification with my father)When I entered the US they stamped my passport saying :Political Asylum Granted.Since then I worked 6 days/week and I pay taxes like everyone else. In july 1998 1 year later I filled out my I-485, 10 months later I had an interview with INS(everything was OK) they told me to wait an answer in the mail. I read on this board that asylum cases takes many years to process. After 4 years from my interview I received a letter from INS asking me to do the fingerprint again and I received a receipt # OF MY CASE.I checked # I was told that my case take 300-330 days to process.It was started to be processed on feb.5th 2002. Two weeks ago I got from INS a letter saying because now I am over the age of 21 regulatory guidance requires that I have fille out a political asylum form on my own right and I can't not adjust as a derivative asylee anymore. I filled out the form I-589 and where they kept asking questins like : Do you feel fear , have you been beaten , abused..etc I filled out as N/A in my case . Now I realize that I should have write diferrent answer , but thruly I thought I don't have to prove these things since I already I was granted political asylum as a dependent child.
    SINCE I ALREADY SENT THE I-589 FORM TO THE INS AND THEY GOT IT ON AUGUST 7,2002, CAN I ASK THEM TO SEND ME BACK THE FORMS SO I WILL FILL OUT CORECCTLY ? IS IT POSIBLE TO GET DEPORTED AFTER THEY GRANTED MY ASYLUM AS A DEPENDENT CHILD ? iF I HIRE A LAWER AT THIS POINT WILL HE BE ABLE TO RETRACT ME FORM AND FILL IT PROPERLY, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE FORM.THANK YOU I WILL CHECK YOUR ANSWERS WITH ALL MY HOPES OPEN

Comment

You are in the same situation as I am except that I was paroled. I camed as a dependent child like you. I don't know when I can get a green card. Yesterday I went to apply for my green card but the INS told me to get an approval notice. Now I am requesting the approval notice from the INS. I don't know if I will get it. If not, I will have to wait for my parent to petition me. Yes, I am over 21 years of age. I might ask a lawyer for help for this case.

Don

Comment

PLEASE GET A LAWYER ASAP!!!

Goodluck

Comment

Working...
        X