Maid or Nanny visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maid or Nanny visa

Guys, sorry if my question sounds silly. Is there any kind of visa for us to bring over a nanny or maid from another country? I tried to search but found nothing.

Thanks

Guys, sorry if my question sounds silly. Is there any kind of visa for us to bring over a nanny or maid from another country? I tried to search but found nothing.

Thanks

Comment

Good question Me2..im planning to get a maid too..a live-in maid... im not sure if they have it here. From where i come from (Singapore), having a maid is a common thing..i guess we are used to it huh..

hope somebdy can help us..
      Beware of small expenses. A small leak could sink a big ship.

Comment

Wow ... I m planning for future too ... let's see what people say on it... I have a very good friend who is a good cook and i can trust him...if possible...i would like to bring him here...

Comment

Go to "Au Pair In America" They have a web site and are considered the best program; be careful; some of these girls are scamsters; I met my ex wife when she was an au pair

Comment

It is called an au pair visa; it must be done through an official au pair agency

Comment

upppsss...!!

thanks michael...

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on January 08, 2004 at 01:52 AM.]

Comment

thks for the info Michael..
                Beware of small expenses. A small leak could sink a big ship.

Comment

I heard about that programme, but will it allow us to have a choice of our own. I prefer to take someone from Indonesia...coz' they considered a very good maid in my country. Other than that, I'm planning to have a baby and I don't want to send my baby to day care. I will try to check further about this. Have a nice day guy.

Comment

Au pairs come here on J-1 visa, not au pair visa. I do not know what kind of visa you would have to have for a maid, but I am sure there are companies that find you maids and issue an appropriate status for them.

Comment

Me2

If the plan is to have a maid like we have at home, it might not work. Maids/nannies in other countries do everything. I am an ex- Au-Pair myself. They work 45hrs per week and do the children only. You pay the her $140 per week and pay the Agency about $6 000 per year. You will provide room and board - a good bedroom, TV/VCR/CABLE, own bathroom, car and $500 towards tuition. You will have to make her as comfortable as your family members because this is a "Cultural Exchange Program". She learns about the American culture and you learn hers. Indonesia or your home country will have to have an agent or Agency through which your maid will go and register with - if you choose the Au-Pair Path.

Comment

Thanks for the great info Sergio. I will try to look into it, and hope I will get a good nanny coz' totally my baby have to stay with her. I don't mind about house work coz' I can do it myself. I just want someone to look at my child whenever I'm at work.

Thanks

Comment

Call the 800 number and ask if they have Au-Pairs from Indonesia.

Good Luck

Comment

The great thing about having an Au Pair is that you get a hot 18-21 year old that you can bang on the side. If things work out you can ditch the wife.

Comment

http://www.aupairinamerica.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X