verifying dates of physical presence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verifying dates of physical presence

How does the INS verify the dates of ones physical presence in the country ? When one leaves to travel abroad there is no record with the ins regarding when one departed. Only when one arrives I would guess they have a record when they swipe your GC through the machine.
    I have misplaced my old passport and I don't have the dates for which I was out of the country. SInce I was at most out for 50 days in a year interval I was wonderign what proof I can give the INS of my physical presence.

How does the INS verify the dates of ones physical presence in the country ? When one leaves to travel abroad there is no record with the ins regarding when one departed. Only when one arrives I would guess they have a record when they swipe your GC through the machine.
    I have misplaced my old passport and I don't have the dates for which I was out of the country. SInce I was at most out for 50 days in a year interval I was wonderign what proof I can give the INS of my physical presence.

Comment

"...Additionally, immigrants will be able to demonstrate their physical presence by submitting some sort of Federal, State, or local Government-issued document. Those who do not submit Government issued documents will be able to submit non-Government issued documents for evaluation. These documents will need to bear the name of the applicant, have been dated at the time they were issued, bear the seal or signature of the issuing authority, and be able to be otherwise authenticated. In most cases, she added, applicants will need to submit several documents."

Hope it helps !

Good Luck

Some1mex

Comment

Working...
      X