No announcement yet.

INS and IRS; Mohan or any other savior.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INS and IRS; Mohan or any other savior.

Does any one knows if INS has a link with IRS. What if I had worked off-Campus as F-1, can INS detect it on my encounter with them. All the rest is fine.

Does any one knows if INS has a link with IRS. What if I had worked off-Campus as F-1, can INS detect it on my encounter with them. All the rest is fine.

Comment

YEs , these days INs shares the DB with all the other Departments, Even local police too. IN California there is a tendency of INS to sweep out jails twice in a day.
      IF anyone who are not USC born and get arrested even in minor offence like DUI, Police run the checks on them and then INS comes in Picture. same thing is With IRS and other dept.

Comment

Mohan, so when I go for special registration, INS will have all my work (legal and illegal)/income tax info, i.e. will INS know about my tax filings over the years?

Comment

No.

Comment

If one gets arrested for a minor offense (e.g., misdemeanor) the police and/or courts usually do not have the information that this certain person is not an USC, unless you tell them so.

Comment

I am kind of confused. So will INS be able to detect the off-Campus work ( or the illegal work)or not.

Comment

Working...
              X