Questions about Forms needed after Fiance comes to the USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Forms needed after Fiance comes to the USA

Hello everyone. Please help me clear up a few questions in my mind. My Fiance is in India as many people on this board already know. I have asked this question a few times and have got great replies back. I called the BCIS people a few weeks ago and they told me that I only need to fill out form I-485, G-325A, and I-864(For me) and I-864(For my parents who are my co-sponsors) after my Fiance and I get marrried in the USA. I have downloaded the I-485Packge file fromthe BCIS website and there is a piece of paper that says you have to file I-751 something about condition on residence form. Now the BCIS people did not tell me anything about this form. So I wanted to knwo besides the I-485, G-325A, I-864 and I-864A forms are there any other forms I need to fill out after my Fiance and I both get married in the USA. If some one can give me a simple and excellent detail under standing of this form I-751 it will be better since I do not understand what this form I-751 is for. It will be greatful to hear back from people soon. Thanks
    Vpatel

Hello everyone. Please help me clear up a few questions in my mind. My Fiance is in India as many people on this board already know. I have asked this question a few times and have got great replies back. I called the BCIS people a few weeks ago and they told me that I only need to fill out form I-485, G-325A, and I-864(For me) and I-864(For my parents who are my co-sponsors) after my Fiance and I get marrried in the USA. I have downloaded the I-485Packge file fromthe BCIS website and there is a piece of paper that says you have to file I-751 something about condition on residence form. Now the BCIS people did not tell me anything about this form. So I wanted to knwo besides the I-485, G-325A, I-864 and I-864A forms are there any other forms I need to fill out after my Fiance and I both get married in the USA. If some one can give me a simple and excellent detail under standing of this form I-751 it will be better since I do not understand what this form I-751 is for. It will be greatful to hear back from people soon. Thanks
    Vpatel

Comment

Hi Vpatel,

I came here with the fiance visa and now I am adjusting my status (I already semt the forms, I just have to wait now). Well, the thing is you dotn need the I-751 now. That form is for removing the conditions om residency. You will fill that form 2 years after they grant residency to your spouse (first INS will grant a CONDICIONAL permanent residency). Dont worry about it.

But I strongly suggest you to file the I-765, authorization to work. Even if she doesnt want to work, that form, once approved, will allow her to obtain a Social Security number. And if she wants to travel outside the US, she needs to file an Advance Parole, form I-131.

Hope this helps you. Bye.

Comment

Hey Cayita,
        Thanks alot. So let me get this right one more time. I will only fill out I-485, G-325A, I-864, ad I-864A(For my Parents to be the co-sponsor) and once all these forms are filled out and when the time comes the INS will give my Fiance a CONDICIONAL premanent residency. And so after the 2 years and my Fiance has her CONDICIONAL premanent residency then me and her will fill the I-751. Also I will be filling out the I-765 and the I-131 for my Fiance once me and her are married. I just did not mention about thoses form in the posting. Thanks Cayita. Please reply to make sure I said this is correct.
        Thanks alot,
        Vpatel

Comment

Working...
        X