Means-tested benefits and the affidavit of support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Means-tested benefits and the affidavit of support

I am a USC petitioning for my husband. We have no children right now. If I get a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support, would that person be responsible for me also, since I am his wife? If I or our future children (who will be US
    citizens) were to receive means-tested benefits, would the co-sponsor be responsible for paying for those benefits, or would they only be responsible for paying for my husband alone. I am not sure if one's spouse receiving benefits can be counted as that person receiving them. Also, does federal student aide fall under the category of means-tested benefits?

I am a USC petitioning for my husband. We have no children right now. If I get a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support, would that person be responsible for me also, since I am his wife? If I or our future children (who will be US
    citizens) were to receive means-tested benefits, would the co-sponsor be responsible for paying for those benefits, or would they only be responsible for paying for my husband alone. I am not sure if one's spouse receiving benefits can be counted as that person receiving them. Also, does federal student aide fall under the category of means-tested benefits?

Comment

No, Federal Student Aid is not considered. If you will get an additional Affidavit of Support then that person will be responsible only for your spouse and not you or kids. If you are presently getting Welfare, then you can not sponsor your spouse, unless you leave it.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X