Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Up with BCIS?

Hello All,

I am a USC, with a 129F pending at the Nebraska service Center. Fiancee is from Chiapas, MX. I received my receipt dated 03 April 2003, 150 to 180 days processing time. The website is now saying the receipt date is 23 April 2003. The other day the website said the processing time was 15 to 21days from April 23. This was only there for a day two. I have sent a complaint letter to the Director of BCIS in Nebraska, using the address via BCIS web page. Is ANyone else having these issues? What is the actual processing time? Why is the BCIS so incompetent? I know most of these are proabably rehtorical questions....but it is frustrating.

Thanks

The Topper

Hello All,

I am a USC, with a 129F pending at the Nebraska service Center. Fiancee is from Chiapas, MX. I received my receipt dated 03 April 2003, 150 to 180 days processing time. The website is now saying the receipt date is 23 April 2003. The other day the website said the processing time was 15 to 21days from April 23. This was only there for a day two. I have sent a complaint letter to the Director of BCIS in Nebraska, using the address via BCIS web page. Is ANyone else having these issues? What is the actual processing time? Why is the BCIS so incompetent? I know most of these are proabably rehtorical questions....but it is frustrating.

Thanks

The Topper

Comment

I don't KNOW the answer to your question but I was watching those processing times for a while and sometimes the dates go back and forth. I remember some discussion on the board about how some of the applications take a longer amount of time or a shorter amount of time and they report the date they're currently working on even though it may be that ones newer than that have already processed. Does this make sense? Maybe someone else will post with an answer that is a little more intellectual.

Comment

topper.... what site is saying april 23rd?? the only site i have says... march 7th for the i-129's. and i have heard that some cases will take longer and some shorter times. and i have seen texas go back and forth all summer about the dates they are processing. i am also using the nebraska center for an i-129 visa petition. and i havbe written my congressman about the delays. i wish you luck in your journey

Comment

Judging from what has been happening and what others are reporting the processing time has increased. Now they are saying 150 - 210 days (not 15--21 days, which I believe was a typo). I have been watching a website and 200+ days processing at NSC is not uncommon. NSC is processing applications from March 2003 back and a few in between. I can only suggest you be patient, especially if you filed in April as you should get processed next month if all goes well. Good luck

Comment

Thank You all very much for your kind responses. It feels like this is a lonely struggle at times; it is comforting to know there are others out there going through the same struggle.

When I go to the BCIS website and put in my receipt number, it says the reciept date was 23 April. The reciept the BCIS mailed to me says 03 April. In terms of processing at the BCIS, I figure it's like a month difference.

I have written a letter to the Director if BCIS and forwarded copies of both receipts. I work in Qulaity Assurance/Control and the only way to fix a problem is to first be aware of it.

I am a very patient person so long as promises are kept.

Best of Luck to all of You.

Sincerely,

Topper

Comment

Working...
            X