question about SSA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about SSA

I came under fictitious name, got a valid SS# but not valid for work. My status had changed.Got married to USC, applied for AOS and luckily issued a EAD.My question is how to get my SS# under my real name. Is there anybody here who had been in my situation? How will I apply for my bona-fide SS#? Please help

I came under fictitious name, got a valid SS# but not valid for work. My status had changed.Got married to USC, applied for AOS and luckily issued a EAD.My question is how to get my SS# under my real name. Is there anybody here who had been in my situation? How will I apply for my bona-fide SS#? Please help

Comment

are you married under your real name or your fictious name? If you are married under your fictious name, and you have done the AOS via the fictious name, than it is the fictious person that is on record.

We may need more detail to help you.

Comment

I think(I'm not sure, so don't take it for granted, just listen and you be the judge).
        So, I think that it wiuld create LOTS of problems if you would REVEAL that you came with a fictious name.
        It's done. Continue it this way. You will eventually change your name, anyway(through marriage).
        If you will reveal the fictious story, you will reveal that you lied, which is punishable, and you will NEVER be able to become a usc(look at the form n400 when you have a chanche and read the questions you will need to fill out, and you'll get the idea)
        I don't know why you did it, but it doesn't look good at all.It's too late to say the truth.
        Sorry...
        Good luck.

Comment

I got here under false name but I did change it to my real name which I had been using since I got here in this country.The problem though, I applied for a SSN# under my false name and had been using that #.How could I change my name and stick to the same # that I've been using ever since I got here.
          I already got my DL and EAD and got a new passpoert under my real name.

Comment

How do you get a real DL under your real name using real SS# of fake name ?
            Is the fake name almost similar to your real name ?

Comment

you need to go to SSA office in person with proof of your old name and new name so the name change will be done. You can also apply by mail but it will take longer. Valid proof of identification will be drivers license, passport, work permit and marriage license.

Comment

The best solution is this: Apply for a NAME CHANGE

Comment

Ooops, sorry about that, hit the wrong key.

The best solution is this: Apply for a NAME CHANGE thru a court from your fictitious name to your real name, then bring the court judgment (if approved which it should be) to the Social Security and they will then issue you a new card with the same number. Note that applying for a NAME CHANGE in the U.S. is very easy.

Comment

If you have a lawyer ask him to call the SS office and tell them about your situation.The SS officer will know what documents they want from you. I guess the best thing for your lawyer to do is to make a letter stating you and this fake name are the same and here are the papers to support it. If you have the original passport under the fake name bring it with you and your passport under real name, your DL and EAD. If you have the FOIA bring it with you too because every information about you are there including your fake name.I hope I answered your problem.
                    I have been here in this forum before but I'm too busy with my life now.I'll answer questions to my choosing.

Comment

Brownfox, you're my angel. I followed everything you told me. I called my lawyer to call the local SS office re my case.My lawyer made a letter addressed to this lady she talked with and some supporting documents.I went to see this lady and she asked for my lawyer's letter, my passport,DL,EAD, I-94 under my fake name and the copy from my old passport under fake name. All she did was to compare all documents that both names are used by me alone.She checked all information I gave her in her database and she saw all are correct. She issued me a receipt and told me I'll be getting my duplicate copy of my SS card in 10 days.
                      Brownfox , I'm so happy to have you back.I'm very grateful you gave this sound advice. Even my lawyer was urging me before to get a new SS# but if I do this it will complicate everything.All is under this # including my DL, health insurance, my professional license, taxes etc.It was so easy like riding a bike.Thank you and I'm very, very grateful you gave me hope.

Comment

Working...
                      X