Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My marriage was a failure, but I don't want my educationto be the price... Please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My marriage was a failure, but I don't want my educationto be the price... Please advise

Hello everybody, I am going to need some advice about my case. I came to the states in 1999 in a work visa. After that I got married to an American citizen and in June 2001 I filed for adjustment of status, I got my work permit renewed twice but I was never called for an interview due to all the changes that took place at that time ( Sept 11th, Mergence of INS and Homeland security into one and all the delays these had entailed as you all know) Anyways, my marriage took a different path right after Sept 11th, The fact that I am originated from a Muslim country has made me subject to my husband and his mom's constant verbal abuse. That has affected me so badly and I couldn't stand it. I filed for divorce and left the states the same week I got it. Now I intend to apply for a student visa from my country and go back to finish my degree since I only have two semesters left to get my Masters. The question that I would like to get an answer for is whether I would be allowed into the US again knowing that I had a pending case when I left? Please if you know of a similar case let me know because I don't know what to do.

Hello everybody, I am going to need some advice about my case. I came to the states in 1999 in a work visa. After that I got married to an American citizen and in June 2001 I filed for adjustment of status, I got my work permit renewed twice but I was never called for an interview due to all the changes that took place at that time ( Sept 11th, Mergence of INS and Homeland security into one and all the delays these had entailed as you all know) Anyways, my marriage took a different path right after Sept 11th, The fact that I am originated from a Muslim country has made me subject to my husband and his mom's constant verbal abuse. That has affected me so badly and I couldn't stand it. I filed for divorce and left the states the same week I got it. Now I intend to apply for a student visa from my country and go back to finish my degree since I only have two semesters left to get my Masters. The question that I would like to get an answer for is whether I would be allowed into the US again knowing that I had a pending case when I left? Please if you know of a similar case let me know because I don't know what to do.

Comment

once you left - you abandoned your petition for AOS. Whether you will be allowed a non-immigrant visa after that -- who knows. You will have to prove you have no immigrant intent, and that will be difficult. Try to get a work visa instead, since it has dual intent. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X