Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hardship to us citizen spouse waiver form?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardship to us citizen spouse waiver form?????

I'm in removal proceedings and want to move for a waiver based upon a hardship to my husband. Do I need to file a specific form or can I just raise it at the next hearing?

I'm in removal proceedings and want to move for a waiver based upon a hardship to my husband. Do I need to file a specific form or can I just raise it at the next hearing?

Comment

anya,

it depends what kind of a waiver you need to file.
      if it's hardship waiver than I think it must be the waiver I-601. There is a form and you need to show the real extreme hardship. it's not an easy waiver.
      good luck

Comment

some of the waivers can be filed orally (but I believe by an attorney only, or by the order of the judge), but if they're coming from a petioner, most need to be formally submitted in writting on the proper forms.

"Just regular" Hardship to a U.S. spouse is not the standard for qualifcation of a waiver anymore(as I was informed), it needs to be BEYOND extreme and unusual hardship. I saw cases there even the imminent threat of torture and disablement to the alien him/herself was not considered a grounds for a waiver...

Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
        X