Entering Canada from US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering Canada from US

What documents, if any, are asked for by the US officials as you leave (not enter) the US to enter Canada? Are they as thorough as entering or do they generally wave you thru? I ask as I'm on an expired visa and I'd rather not have a black mark on my record.

What documents, if any, are asked for by the US officials as you leave (not enter) the US to enter Canada? Are they as thorough as entering or do they generally wave you thru? I ask as I'm on an expired visa and I'd rather not have a black mark on my record.

Comment

Going over the border or flying?

Driving through the check point from US to Canada as recently as this month...I was asked where I'm from, Where I'm going, and How long I'm staying. They did not ask for my ID but did record my plate number.

BUT...I am USC by birth and do not fit there so-called profile of a person in need of further investigations / harassment. So it was likely easier for me to head there and back than it may be for you.

Comment

Thanks. Driving over the border was what I had in mind. I've lived in the US for many years and am originally European so I shouldn't fit their profiles - famous last words of course.

Comment

Working...
        X