A question to Mohan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to Mohan

Mohan, I have a question. I tried to reserach it myself and I would appreciate if you can confirm or clarify. If a conditional permanent resident is convicted (according to the ins use of conviction term) of one CIMT within 5 years of admission, but was not sentenced to any term, but the maximum possible term is 6 months, is he deportable? Thank you.

Yes, He is deportable and inadmisable too.

Comment

so, here the less than one year term does not apply?

Comment

what are basing your answer on?

Comment

No not on conditional.

Comment

Answer is based on conviction and conditional status.

Comment

what do you mean by "not no on conditional?

Comment

one year Limit did not apply here, Conviction is itself enough to deport a conditional GC holder.

Comment

I though that the law says, that ANY alien. and both requirements should apply (i mean 5 years AND at least 1 year of sentence that may be imposed) should apply for an alien to be deportable) is not it right?

Comment

can you refer to me a web site or a provision of the law that says that a conviction is ENOUGH to deport a conditional resident? Where did you take it from?

Comment

You have to search a lot.
                      Here is the Law. 8. CRF 210.1(e) 1999 emphasis added.
                      210 (a)(1) and (b).
                      Also ckh section 245 or 249 of 1255 or 1259. sectrion 210(a)(3) (a)
                      and U S C 1158(b) 1129 1231
                      go thru it and you Read BIA decisions.

Comment

Mohan, I am surprised where you send me. and I am surprised how you even could infer your answer from this info.

Comment

Wrong Answe.. Sorry about that this answer was for another site... hold on..

Comment

INSERTS/PUBLIC LAWS AMENDING THE INA/Pub. L. 104-208 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996/SEC. 322. DEFINITION OF CONVICTION AND TERM OF IMPRISONMENT.
                            SEC. 322. DEFINITION OF CONVICTION AND TERM OF IMPRISONMENT.

(a) DEFINITION.-

Read section 322 DEFINITION OF CONVICTION AND TERM OF IMPRISONMENT. of section

(B) confinement ordered by a court of law regardless of any suspension of the imposition or execution of that imprisonment or sentencein whole or in part.".
                            Read the related sections too.

Comment

Related section 240

Comment

Working...
                              X