Getting Income Tax Return Preparation for FREE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Income Tax Return Preparation for FREE

I do not feel like paying H&R Block to do my returns this year, nor to anybody else since I want to save the bucks because I make a low income, does anyone know where can I get tax preparation for free?

I do not feel like paying H&R Block to do my returns this year, nor to anybody else since I want to save the bucks because I make a low income, does anyone know where can I get tax preparation for free?

Comment

Is your situation overly complex that you could not just do it yourself?

Comment

I was thinking of doing them myself, but I reside in NJ, but my employer is from NY, I will be for the the first time filing 'married filing separately'... I might just do them myself... I was considering that option..

Comment

Have you ever tried TurboTax or other software like it? I too live in NJ and work in NY, and software makes things a breeze (and I must confess that I actually like doing the tax returns).

Comment

but You have to get Turbo Tax every year to the taxes no?

Comment

Yes
              turbotax is good/
              if you do not know much /
              and you have to pay everyyear/
              still it is better and cheaper/

Happy New year
              uj

Comment

Hey aguila, I have been using turbotax to do and file my taxes but it cost around $40 for both federal and local. Anyway one of my co-workers told me that you can file thru the IRS website and it is not only alot quicker it is cheaper...so I will probably be trying that this year

Comment

I want to look into the IRS website thingie too. I tried turbo tax one year and there was some things it would not allow me to itemize that were legal... I ended up doing it all and just inputting it on final page so that I could send it electronically. H & R Block messed me up one year too so now I do it myself. The book gives thorough directions. I only have to file federal so I don't know if the others are a lot more complicated or not.

Comment

Hi Aguila ...

here is the link on e bay... u can get TurboTax for less than 10 bucks ...if lucky ... even in 5 $ ... Take care...Pasha

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...query=TurboTax

Comment

Hello Pashbhai

IRS site for all .

only for filing not for computing Tax ok

cut paste url:

http://www.irs.gov/efile/index.html

On EBay it is always of last years for $10 around ok

Comment

Individual e-file Program Overview

How to e-file. It's as easy as 1-2-3 !

Step 1 - Get all your tax information together! - You'll save time and won't have to stop in the middle of preparing your return to find a missing document. Here's what you'll need :

Social Security numbers for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.
                        W-2 forms from all employers are required for yourself and your spouse
                        1099 forms for Dividends, Retirement, or other income, or any 1099 forms with Income Tax Withholding.
                        Receipts for expenses for Itemized Deductions (Schedule A).
                        Receipts and records for other income or expenses.
                        Bank Account numbers (for a fast refund, or to pay electronically).
                        Complete information on what records you need, and how long to keep your records.
                        Step 2 - Choose the method of e-filing that works for you:
                        Tax Professional
                        Personal Computer
                        Free File
                        TeleFile - If using TeleFile, follow the instructions in your TeleFile booklet. Complete the worksheet, then call TeleFile. It's EZ!
                        Step 3 - e-file it!

Paid Preparer - If using a Tax Preparer, be sure to take all your information with you, and don't forget to ask for e-file! Use our locator service to find an Authorized IRS e-file Provider nearest you.

Personal Computer - Online filers, just answer the simple questions in your tax preparation software, and the software will do the rest for you. For faster refunds, or to pay when YOU want to, have your bank account number handy.

Find an option that best fits your needs. It's easy...
                        Visit our Free File web page
                        Visit our IRS e-file Partners web page
                        View a list of commercial tax preparation software companies offering IRS e-file
                        TeleFile - If using TeleFile, follow the instructions in your TeleFile booklet. Complete the worksheet, then call TeleFile. It's EZ!

Relax. You're done. Now SHARE - tell a family member or friend e-file is the smart way to file their federal and state income tax returns!

Comment

I am looking for someone to cut my hair. Where can I go to have it done professionally and also I don't want to pay anything?

I am looking to have an operation.....I don't want to pay anything, but I want it done by someone who knows what they are doing and will do it correctly.

Comment

Thanks to all!

kjv62803:

Nobody asked you to read this thread..., so why don't you save your ironic comments/questions? if you are not going to add anything positive or to a thread why would you bother to post
                            s-u-p-i-d and ironic analogies? Get a life.

Comment

My husband got a bad experience with e-filing. I think it must be on same cases. But I would strongly suggest that anyone who filed with it try to call IRS within few months after that to ensure that they process it.

What happened to my husband is that that his e-filing for year 2001 & 2002 was stopped because they 'said' that his addressed changed from 2001 and 2002 which he was in Florida and then to Korea. So they worried it was a fraud and just stop the filing without even bother to send a notice. We found this when we wanted to gather income tax returns for the last 3 years.

Its indeed the best and free hassle to file, but make sure to double check the results after few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X