Immigration Judges are not fair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Judges are not fair?

I just have simple question, is It true that I will loose My case in Immigration court even I have tons of Proofs that INS allegations are wrong, I dont want a lawyer cos I talked to million of them and they gonaa do same what I will be doing, but anyway, I heard that Too Mostly Immigratiom Judges listen to INS and dont really care what you are presenting even if you are right.They ARE FRIENDS and consider me as thier MUTAL ENEMY.

Thanks

I just have simple question, is It true that I will loose My case in Immigration court even I have tons of Proofs that INS allegations are wrong, I dont want a lawyer cos I talked to million of them and they gonaa do same what I will be doing, but anyway, I heard that Too Mostly Immigratiom Judges listen to INS and dont really care what you are presenting even if you are right.They ARE FRIENDS and consider me as thier MUTAL ENEMY.

Thanks

Comment

99.99% the Judge Will FAVOUR INS, They will Never Consider any favour for you cos They have been directed By state Department to Deport as Much aliens as they can, Infact I Had a freind once who's INS attornet Bribed the Judge to Deport hm
      hope this will help

Comment

hahaha, Rock, you're so funny, INS attorneys don't have to bribe Judges at all...as you said, Judges naturally are with the INS...

Comment

Win_Loose, I think you should hire an attorney, if not for anything else but the emotional support that attorney will give to you...

Comment

most "proofs" people bring to immigration court were made where? In some underdeveloped country where any document can be made and purchased? What "proofs" are those?
            Besides, most people who go to immigration court have already broken our laws - or else, why are they there?
            Asylum cases that have been refused may be heard again, but suffer from the same defect as above - "proofs" that are less than credible.
            If you don't like the way we do business in the US, well, there's the door.......

Comment

The way "business" is being conducted in the U.S. does, yes, suck!!! You know, that "three-branches" government thing, supposed to be a case of democracy in action...sorry, my dear, but I am dismissing as irrelevant at best, as far as democracy is concerned, not only these modern politicians and statesmen of today, but Jefferson and Washington as well...

Comment

I don't agree with previous posters. In my hearing, and in those I witnessed, the judge was very fair, and even suggested the guy who was in front of me apply for aslyum, and gave him six months to get his information together so he could apply. Anyway, you are better finding an attorney, consider one of the attorneys that work pro-bono on the state dept. website. Anyway, even if you think you know everything, the lawyer will surely know how to better present your case. The guy that was infront of me had no lawyer, and was digging himself a hole, and the judge stopped him from testifying, advised him to get a lawyer and apply for aslyum, them gave him six months to do it.

Comment

My Asylum case was denied by an Asylum Officer and was brought before a IJ. I appreared before him 3 times. The first time was make sure I got a NTA and was given time to find a lawyer.

I couldnt afford a lawyer so on my second visit I answered the charges brought before me by the service. The 3rd time I had my Asylum hearing. At the hearing the judge explained to me how the hearing would take place but by this time I was well prepared on my own to win my case.

So there I was pro se in front of a Immigration and I was ready to present my case. At the get go the BCIS was trying to prove me wrong.But I rebutted every argument the BCIS brought up. By this time the IJ was so surprised at how well I knew the law and how well I was prepared.

I went in court and told the truth but never expected to win because of what I heard about the IJ'a and how they treated respondents. I had lots of documents some from the UN, State Department and Amensty International that back up my reasonable fear of persecution. The judge went back to his chambers for an hour and came back with a ruling granting me asylum.

Keep in mind that I am not a lawyer however I did some heavy research on Immigration and Asylum law. English is my native language plus I have 3.8 grade point average. So I was able to speak to the judge and made sure that he understood what I was saying. Its all about communication, you must present the facts in your case nothing more. Plus you must tell the truth and when the BCIS tries to prove you wrong; keep your cool and rebutt their argument. Never get angry at the BCIS!!!

So many people who appear in front of a judge cant even speak english or dont even understand whats going on. Its important that you have a lawyer that can argue your case for you.

Comment

most guys who seen to offers vices here don even understands the politics. you have to understand and be very steadfast and emotional. one things is that the truth can never hide. If there is any fribrications in your cliams . The entired equations must be blanced... ex " if I returned home I be killed okay contrary to that your country politics is fine" how do make the illogical logical. sure the juge will not grant this kinda of story .
                    push harder.

Comment

You are right about IJ's being more inclined towards the INS attorneys. But, it depends on the particular IJ, some are very objective and very informed and others are not.

Depending on what your case is, I would suggest that you make a decision as to getting an attorney. Even with good cases, it is generally difficult for one to advocate for self. There always seems to be some loss of credibility. That is, it is generally better when someone else is advocating for you. Secondly, it's important to make sure you understand the law (and attorneys don't have any monopoly on better understanding the law, but its likely they have put a lot of time into it). The reason for better understanding of the law is not only to present a winabale case to IJ but also to create a record for appeal. So, considering all the factors, my suggestion is that you should get an attorney.

Comment

Is this what you want Mohan to answer?

*Bump*

Comment

ITs somewhat true that IJ is inclinde towards INS counsel and there are reason for that.
                          INS attorneys deal with same cases everyday (unless you have some new INS attorney in the case, Ij believe the INS attorney)
                          In the case history INS counsel make the decisions and argue based upon the Law, You and your attorney has to find the loophole. IJ only grant the case when there are no objection made by INS attorney.
                          Sometimes IJ believe on the INS attorneys outcome and think he is right and make decision based on the outcome what INS attorney says ( it might be wrong) But it was never be the case that INS throw the case out because IJ don't want to see the facts or They are against Immigration.
                          IF they do, it build up more cases and more work for them , (They know that) So IJ always try to do the right way to finish the case once for all.
                          You guys should know that IF the IJ denied the case It goes on the record and many other things kick in ( appeals, motion, BIA, Circuit court, Supreme court etc). you should know that once case is in IJ s hand he is the only one who consider the motion to reopen OR reconsider, Ineffective counsel reps etc) all these things are makes more work and case will be in limbo for ever, so IJ trys to finish it ASAP, I ve seen the only cases was denied which either was not represented correctly OR lack of evidence,OR wrong Evidence, Not filed correctly, Ineffective representations. Case is in Circuit court but IJ is still attached to it, he also receives the copy of what you file.
                          OF course these things goes in favor of Public attorney, they make money out of it. a lot. People should not blame IJS OR INS counsel, actually fault is somewhere else.
                          There are some exception but the number is not countable.
                          Only thing I can say is the case in BIA, they just rubberstamp the IJ's decision and take it for granted.

Comment

Working...
                          X