child pro. act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child pro. act

the law as I understand is that if the application for of an immigration or an adjustment of staus has no final determination yet before or after August 6, 2002(when the law becomes effective) the age of any derivative children of a beneficary will be determine at the time the petition was filed. Example: A, a United State citizen, is the brother of B, a non USC,living outside the U.S of A.In 1-1-80, A filed a 1-130 petition. B has 2 minor children age 15 and 14 on 1-1-80. On 8-1-02, B has obtained a visa,the 2 children as a "Traveling applicants"as was indicated in the Biodata. Because they are already above 21 when the beneficary obtained the visa, under the law, they are aged out. you are lucky but not my nephews & nieces 'cause my sister obtained her visa before 8-6-02.

the law as I understand is that if the application for of an immigration or an adjustment of staus has no final determination yet before or after August 6, 2002(when the law becomes effective) the age of any derivative children of a beneficary will be determine at the time the petition was filed. Example: A, a United State citizen, is the brother of B, a non USC,living outside the U.S of A.In 1-1-80, A filed a 1-130 petition. B has 2 minor children age 15 and 14 on 1-1-80. On 8-1-02, B has obtained a visa,the 2 children as a "Traveling applicants"as was indicated in the Biodata. Because they are already above 21 when the beneficary obtained the visa, under the law, they are aged out. you are lucky but not my nephews & nieces 'cause my sister obtained her visa before 8-6-02.

Comment

Working...
    X