Immigration debate between USC and an immigrant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration debate between USC and an immigrant

Ok, here is the thing. My US wife and I have this huge debate what would happen to a child if it is born to two illegal immigrants. She is saying that no matter what, the US government would not seperate the child from his parents. But I told her I didnt think there was a law stating that if you are undocumented and have a child, you are protected from getting deported and being seperated from your child. Let me know if you know about this kind of case and sequences, so we can finally settle our debate.

Ok, here is the thing. My US wife and I have this huge debate what would happen to a child if it is born to two illegal immigrants. She is saying that no matter what, the US government would not seperate the child from his parents. But I told her I didnt think there was a law stating that if you are undocumented and have a child, you are protected from getting deported and being seperated from your child. Let me know if you know about this kind of case and sequences, so we can finally settle our debate.

Comment

If parents are deported then kid must go with parents to their country of origin.

Comment

What Aguila says is true, but I would want to check into if the child would carry dual citizenship rights (US and country residing).

Comment

ok what would happen if the child wanted to reside in the US with his parents though. Isnt the US government supposed to protect the interests of its citizens, in this case the child's interest and do what is best for her/him?

Comment

From what i know,the child goes with his familly,if the familly is deported,and when he turns 21,he can go to the US embassy in his country,to request some rights.I don't know what are those rights,and what happens after.

Comment

Oh Ok

thanks a lot for the replies, i did some more research online and i guess i was right in my argument with my wife. so thanks again.

Comment

Want the "real" answer?

Illegal aliens with USC kids get thrown to the BOTTOM of the list of people who are suposed to get deported.

So those who say it doesn't help in deportation or gives extra benefits are "wrong".

Translation: Does it get you a GC or residency having a kid? No.

Does it help in IS looking the other way and avoiding your house and instead going to the house with the 3 single illegal males and picking them up instead? Yes.

However, once the kid turns 18 -- the IS *will* come back and pick up both parents and toss 'em out.

-= nav =-

Comment

moondin is right, I think.
                  Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Ok Ok, I know a little something about this. A couple of years ago INS came here to a Mexican resturant and deported EVERYONE, but then they found out the the 3 children there were US citizens. They had to place the kids in state custody, when the parents were deported. The parents have to go to the consulate closest to them. Here it would be Atlanta, Mexican consulate to "register" the child. Then that would permit the child to be sent with his/her parents.

Comment

http://www.trib.com/AP/wire_detail.php?wire_num=4467

Having children born here isn't stopping this deportation. We'll see what happens in 30 days.

Comment

This is not the first time you have asked this question:

There are thousands of US Citizen Children born to an Alien in the United States in the past 225 years. They are US Citizens, Alien Parents, leave the country on foreign passports, and Child must depart or enter US on US Passports. This is the Law.
                        Child can file the petition(I-130)for parents when US citizen child reaches the age of 21 years.Once they parents get the GC they can file for rest of the family member if they are under 21 years of age. In past years many Alien had come to US just to delver the babies and get the US Birth Certificate and Passport for the New Born US Citizen Child. They alway renew the passports after every five years.I know many family they travel on two diffrent passports.

Comment

That is how Hospitals, Doctors, makes the Dollars, high cost.
                          F-1 student had jumped to UK, Austrlia, New Zeland,and India.
                          due to low cost of education. And better they say. We lost in Millions due to This Registration.

Comment

Moodin's statement is not right according to the law but its the fact and general practice by BCIS. its not necessary that the practice is in effect can continue for ever, it can be change any time because its priority basis. it can be change anytime by "first catch and first deport" if law is applied strictly with zero tollerance.
                            SAB34's statement is right according to law.
                            Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Hey, thanks for all the replies.

They prove my point to my wife that if two illegals had a kid, they are not granted any special status (no privileges whatsoever) by the USCIS. And that is exactly what out debate was about, but she was saying that deporting a child's parents (and therefore separating the child from his parents) is so unethical, that the US government would never do such a thing. Once again, thanks, for proving my point to her (because she would never just believe me) and to Sab34: This IS the first time I am asking this question. To Reina90: your example based on a true story perfectly depicts my argument. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X