deferred inspection.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deferred inspection.

Hello. I have a hopefully minor issue. I am a LPR for 30 years. I recently went on vaction and upon arrival I was sent to secndary inspection. The officer mentioned that I had a crimanal record so I would be going to deffered inspection in 30 days from now. The crimanl record they mentioned is 2 misdeamenor offences one was a tresspassing charge and another for receiving stolen property BUT this happened 23 years ago! and I got a regular DUI 5 years ago. Do I need a lawyer for this deferred inspection. Should I be worried ?

Hello. I have a hopefully minor issue. I am a LPR for 30 years. I recently went on vaction and upon arrival I was sent to secndary inspection. The officer mentioned that I had a crimanal record so I would be going to deffered inspection in 30 days from now. The crimanl record they mentioned is 2 misdeamenor offences one was a tresspassing charge and another for receiving stolen property BUT this happened 23 years ago! and I got a regular DUI 5 years ago. Do I need a lawyer for this deferred inspection. Should I be worried ?

Comment

You actually have three criminal convictions, not two. The DUI counts.

You should be VERY worried. You will be placed in removal proceedings at the deferred inspection.

Do not go. No action is taken against those who fail to show up. ICE takes little or no action when someone fails to appear at a deferred inspection and CBP has no authority to seek out and arrest those who fail to appear.

Comment

thanks for your response. I think your response is totally the opposite of what will happen.

Comment

Good luck then, you will need it. LPRs aren't sent to deferred inspection except to be placed in removal proceedings.

What deferred inspection office are you being sent to?

Are you sure it is 30 days not two weeks?

Comment

i am in california so the one in los angeles. and yes its 30 days.

Comment

I'd certainly have a lawyer with you at the deferred inspection. In general, 2 or more misdemeanors can make you ineligible for PR. Add in the recent DUI and it could get ugly. There are no statue of limitations when it comes to the INA. They can look back and act on old crimes forever. This seems to be happening much more these days.
              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

thanks Brit. although these petty crimes happened when i was young 23 years agao. its best to safe than sorry. I will take your advise and seach out a lawyer just in case things do get ugly. I just cant beleive that something you did such a long time ago can be an issue now.. I mean why NOW!.. what has changed.

Comment

What changed was that you crossed a border. Your name was run in computer databases and your criminal record became apparent. It was probably the DUI that got put in recently that caused this all. In any event, lawyer or not, get ready for removal proceedings. It doesn't matter how long ago they were. IT DOES NOT MATTER. Just repeating that the crimes were 23 years ago will not help you.

Your best bet is not to go and then never leave the U.S. again and do not apply for citizenship. Just ride this out under the radar.

Comment

thanks again for your response federale86 but I dont think riding this out under radar is the way to face a situation. persoanlly I think you are totally misleading me. Also getting a DUI is not a reason for depotation proceedings. I personally think this is more of a procudure, since they are using USVISIT (photograph and fingerprint) metod of screening people coming in to the US. and thats fine I support that but I just think they are casting a very wide net verses zeroing in on the people that should not be in this country.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                      What changed was that you crossed a border. Your name was run in computer databases and your criminal record became apparent. It was probably the DUI that got put in recently that caused this all. In any event, lawyer or not, get ready for removal proceedings. It doesn't matter how long ago they were. IT DOES NOT MATTER. Just repeating that the crimes were 23 years ago will not help you.

Your best bet is not to go and then never leave the U.S. again and do not apply for citizenship. Just ride this out under the radar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, why do foreign people want to be here? According to this statement, it is so appearent that foreigners here are treated like scum. Why then are American bars allowed to sell alcohol to foreigners if they can't get a DUI?

The more I hang out here, the more I find out that the whole immigration law was written looking down and discriminate on people that would want to come and live here.

How many Americans have had DUIs and go on living like nothing has ever happened? It's just so unreal and makes me boil over.
                      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                        Here is why:
                        All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside...

Without this laws would exist for people to be deported to the land of their ancestors regardless of being born here or not. Call it lucky number 14 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So adam6540 listen to this and ...fight...fight like lion! Don't let them get you down. I have an appointment with my lawyer tomorrow - and man am I loaded!

I love America, don't get me wrong! I am rather glad I finally get this moving and a chance to show them who I am.

Did I ever tell you about my incident with this speeding ticket: I drive on I287 a nice highway and a fast highway. Speed limit is 55, but there is not one sole that drives 55. So here is this young police officer sorting me out from the masses to tell me that I was driving 75. I was real good and waited until he came back from his car to hand me the ticket. I looked at the ticket and at him and said: you're giving me ticket - I can't believe you're giving me ticket. He said, you were driving 75. I pointed to road and said to him, look at them they're all driving 75, I was just keeping with the flow. So that was that! The moment I got home I started preparing to collect evidence to defend myself. I called the NJ DOT I had them pull a report that shows how many cars go by the two markers from where the cop had pulled me out. I can't remember the number anymore but I think it was around 5000 per hour during rush-hour which was the time that he had ticketed me.

I went to court armed with that report. The cop didn't show up, but the judge proceeded with the trial anyway. Man, did I speak up in my defense! I drive fast, but I don't drive reckless. I was just keeping up with the flow.

The judge called me arrogant - I answered, I am sorry the court feels that way - but I didn't care. And, I won! I didn't have to pay the ticket.
                        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

KollerKrot
                          thanks for your encouraging words. its nice to hear that we got people in this fourm with a positive attitude. I too contacted a lawyer even though its not necesary. I was even told by one the POE officers during my secodary interview not to obtain a lawyer.. thats when I said to myself I better get one and fast. so you better belive I will fight like a lion or tiger. Good luck in your matter I hope it works out in your favor.

Comment

Bars have to sell to foreigners because of civil rights laws. They cannot refuse you foreigners. You foreigners will have to learn how to control yourselves. Like not raping Washington interns out jogging in a park. Follow that rule and you will have no problems.

Comment

federale86

you seem like a bitter person. taking it out on this forum will not help you. you should consider a more helpful site this http://www.we-relax.com/stress...le-crazy-people.htm..
                              hope this helps you federale86.

Comment

Working...
                              X