Third country visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third country visa

I need some advice on getting a student visa to US. At present I am a refugee claiment in Canada. I have arrived in Canada after overstaying my previous visa and obtaining a voluntary departure.

A graduate school has sent me an 1-20 with which I am going to apply for a student visa? Will the fact that I overstayed my previous visa (I departed within the alloted time) and the fact that I have claimed refugee status, adversely affect my chances?

I appreciate you suggestions.

I need some advice on getting a student visa to US. At present I am a refugee claiment in Canada. I have arrived in Canada after overstaying my previous visa and obtaining a voluntary departure.

A graduate school has sent me an 1-20 with which I am going to apply for a student visa? Will the fact that I overstayed my previous visa (I departed within the alloted time) and the fact that I have claimed refugee status, adversely affect my chances?

I appreciate you suggestions.

Comment

Dear Perumal,
      I would just go ahead and apply for your student visa anyway, regardless of your past status. The fact that you say you left within the alloited time frame makes it a better case for you. Since you have applied for refugee status in Canada as far as I know, that should not matter. Just try and apply anyway and see what happens. If they have a problem with anything, they will refuse your visa altogether up front so there won't be any surprises at the border.

Comment

Working...
      X