processing time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• processing time

When I put in an application for a I 130 relative petition they(INS)wrote on the receipt that it will take 225 days, then by phone query it went to 400 days. three months ago it was 600 days. yesterday the answering machine voice said now it will take between 990 to 999 days! I applied on 9/10/2001, one day before "9/11". Why is this backlog increasing? Does it matter from what country and passport you hold. I am a holder of Zambian citizenship with US residency. Any advice?
    Thanks.

When I put in an application for a I 130 relative petition they(INS)wrote on the receipt that it will take 225 days, then by phone query it went to 400 days. three months ago it was 600 days. yesterday the answering machine voice said now it will take between 990 to 999 days! I applied on 9/10/2001, one day before "9/11". Why is this backlog increasing? Does it matter from what country and passport you hold. I am a holder of Zambian citizenship with US residency. Any advice?
    Thanks.

Comment

I have been waiting 14 years for adjustment.

Comment

To Subhod:
        You are an LPR, even if your petition is approved still beneficiary will have to wait for several years. You have no options than to wait. If you are in way, eligible to apply for Naturalization, then you should go for it. After Naturalization, you can send a copy of Naturalization Certificate with a request to upgrade your petition.

Comment

Working...
        X