Please ...help @all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please ...help @all

I started my immigration process last year. I got an appointment for "fingerprints" last year in december. I asked the lady who took my fingerprints, what my next step would be. She told me, that after the INS receives my fingerprints they would send me a letter. Since then I am waiting. Shall I call the INS (Tampa) and ask, or just wait and wait.

I also would like to know if it's true, that someone from Germany can't get a greencard without being married to a US citizen.

I started my immigration process last year. I got an appointment for "fingerprints" last year in december. I asked the lady who took my fingerprints, what my next step would be. She told me, that after the INS receives my fingerprints they would send me a letter. Since then I am waiting. Shall I call the INS (Tampa) and ask, or just wait and wait.

I also would like to know if it's true, that someone from Germany can't get a greencard without being married to a US citizen.

Comment

Please, help me !!

Comment

From you post it is not clear on what basis you applied for Immigrant benefits. If you will post more details then it will be help others to reply to your post.
        Good luck.

Comment

I applied for greencard, SSN & workpermit last year in May. Got my SSN & workpermit in August last year. Like I said before, after I took my fingerprints in Dec. last year, I haven't hear a word fom the INS Tampa. Shall I try to call them (even though its almost impossible to reach somebody) or just sit there and wait?

Thanks for any help

Comment

still no answer, even though so many people looked at my topic

Comment

my guess that nobody replies because it is still unclear why did you apply for GC and etc...

Comment

Because I married a USC 14 years ago and we moved fom Germany to the US. (He was working in Germany for the US government and his company didn't get the "next" contract, so we were send to the US) Sorry, I didn't know that why I applied for a GC is so important. But in the future I will remember

Please let me know if any other information ist still missing.

Thanks for your reply anway!

Comment

I am not illegal

Comment

still waiting ...sigh

Comment

Comment

It has been 6 months after fingerprinting. I don't know about Tampa frame time. But its no harm for you to check about your status. Can your check on line with your 13 numbers? May be someone with experience can tell you more. Good luck.

Comment

TO: ESORENA

You don't need to call or visit or contact to your local INS office or any other INS offices unless the processing time given to you on 'Notice of Action' has been expired. Rather, you must need to wait to be heard from INS. Your case is being processing right now , and you must not pay any kind of serious attention to other people' sayings, who are trying to only speculate about the timing of yr case or anything about yr case unless that official is the person who is assigned to yr case, but you can never find out who is assigned to yr case until you go to interview. So, it meant that even if you were told something about your case by INS officer on toll free telephone #, or by fingerprinting persons (by the way, they are not INS officials while an outside agency hired by INS to do fingerprinting job for INS), or the officials at the local office, then you should not think seriously what they have told you, since all these people give only rough (approximate) idea about the status and timing of the case, which always subject to if every thing goes well in yr case, which means the processing of all other relevant information pertaining to yr case (like verifying and investigating all the information and documents you have provided, obtaining an immigrant visa for you from State Dept, creation of permanent record on you with U.S.Govt) should have been completed in a efficient and timely manner.

Usually, when an applicant submits a whole application package [I-130, I-485, alongwith work permit or/and advance parole] based on marrying with a USC, then applicant can get work permit and advance parole as soon as INS receives the application package and creates the A#, and timing for this procedure is varied from office to office, I would say it takes maximum 6o days unless that particular INS office is extremely busy or have different procedural rules to handle these work permit and advance parole applications, since some offices entertain these applications on walk-in basis [e.g. Reno & Las Vegas offices in NV, Cherry Hill and Newark offices in NJ] and others handle on appointment basis [e.g. NYC]which would take additional time. If you are filing the I-485 at local office, then you don't need to submit Medical Examination Report alongwith yr application package because Medical Examination Report is good for only 1 yr from the day of medical exam was perfomed, and yr case would take more than a yr to process, so by the time of yr interview it would not be valid anymore. Hence, INS always send the medical examination-form together with appointment letter for interview to have you medical exam regardless of whether or not you already have submitted previously with yr application. It would be just waste of money and time for you if you take it at the time of filing the applications.

In your case, you will receive the full prermanent residency at the time of your interview if every thing goes well [means if your case is approved], because your marriage is more than two yr which is a statutory periord required to determine the validity of a marriage for p.residency under immigration law.

It is true that it usually takes 4-9 months for you to have interview after the fingerprinting, but there is never a guarantee because fingerprinting appointments are arranged by a different section/officer than section/officer who is handling yr file. The fingerprinting arrangement section of INS arranges this fingerprinting appointments for everyone just to make sure that they have enough time to investigate someone's criminal history if somethings negatively popped-up in FBI rap sheet. So, just disregard whatever you were told by fingerprinting lady or how long ago you were fingerprinted. Sometime, FBI or INS do loose the fingerprinting chart, or if fingerprinting-check is more than a year or one and half year old, then it would not be good anymore anyway, then INS must ask you to have another fingerprinting-check before approving your application. So, just relax and enjoy yourself. Don't make a big issue for little things without knowing everything in facts.

There is nothing in the immigration law which states that German nationals would be prohibited to gain residency in the United States without marrying with USC or otherwise, instead laws apply equally to every nationals. However, U.S.Govt has made some changes into it by giving priority to certain nations like if a Cuban national arrives to U.S. shores then s/he will be granted assylum right away while other country nationals need to fight for years in Courts. Similarly, if you are from Poland and falls under certain category, then you will be entitled to p.residency under a order signed by President Bill Clinton. Lots of folks have said that govt's these policies are discriminatory, and I do agree with them, but that's the way it stands right now. But, there is no discriminatory policy against German right now unless that particular German citizen is NAZI, and we (all americans including U.S.Govt) are against the Nazi, and we do not negotiate with Nazi in any form.

I've tried my best to help you understand yr situation, hope it would help to you, and I sincerly wish you good luck.

Comment

Sammy ...thank you so much for your response. I am kind of relieved and try to be patient.

Comment

deport 'Sammy', who is helping all these illegal people to get settle here and these All people are law breakers and law manipulators.

Comment

Working...
                              X