Sponsorship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship

My employer is very willing to sponsor me to work legally for him. I am told the waiting time for this is 5-8 years. Is this correct? does anyone know any way that I can become legal here. I have lived here for five years and worked with the same company all that time.I would love to be legal and I can't seem to find a way to do that. Can anyone offer advice?

My employer is very willing to sponsor me to work legally for him. I am told the waiting time for this is 5-8 years. Is this correct? does anyone know any way that I can become legal here. I have lived here for five years and worked with the same company all that time.I would love to be legal and I can't seem to find a way to do that. Can anyone offer advice?

Comment

I don't know how long the process takes,It's complicated and I'm not an expert, but as I understand it, your employer has to prove that you are are the only person who can do that particular job. Your employer has to advertise that job and if no American can be found that is qualified to do that work then you may have a chance of being sponsored by your employer.

Comment

I take it you have been out of status. If this is the case, and your never filed any petition prior to 245(i) deadline, you will not be able to adjust in the United States based on employment. What kind of position have you been offered? What county are you from? all this facts are needed to respond to your questions.

Comment

Passerby:

Comment

passingby:
            I am a legal assistant.. I have a good job, well paid and I pay plenty of taxes. I am European and I have lived here five years. I did not take advantage of 245i as I was told by an immigration attorney that it did not apply to me. I really need help.

Comment

Working...
            X