Bad Marriage and Citizenship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Marriage and Citizenship

My girlfriend and employee (in that order) made the mistake of marrying for citizenship, paying someone money and it not working out and she never became a citizen. They are talking divorce and he is trying to hurt her chances for citizenship. Would the reason for divorce effect her citizenship? Presently she is here illegaly having overstayed her visa by 3 years. Would her marrying me after divorce help her? We are in New York she is from Colombia.

My girlfriend and employee (in that order) made the mistake of marrying for citizenship, paying someone money and it not working out and she never became a citizen. They are talking divorce and he is trying to hurt her chances for citizenship. Would the reason for divorce effect her citizenship? Presently she is here illegaly having overstayed her visa by 3 years. Would her marrying me after divorce help her? We are in New York she is from Colombia.

Comment

Ah Barry, Im confused a little bit... How is she here illegal if she has been married for 3 years. Are you telling me she has never filed paperwork for temporary conditional G Card? ok if she filed those papers. have they filed a joint I-751 to remove the conditions? If these things have not occurred, then these questions about citizenship cannot even be addressed yet.

In case you didnt know, there is a heavy fine and jail term consequences for immigration marriage fraud. You should be very careful on this one.... and .. if that is your real name that you are using here,( No you cant be that naive, are you) then I can tell you are not up to dealing with what may be in store for you by being involved in this relationship.

Comment

Working...
      X