Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion

Sir:

I am a green card holder and totally dependent to my son, who is an American Citizen. I have been staying with my son and haven't earned anything till now and was totally unemployed. I am not a pensioner either. Therefore, I didn't file any Income Tax Returns. Since I am a petitioner, I have to be a sponsor and to fill out the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for my daughter for immigrant visa. But, I cannot meet the income requirements to fill out the Form I-864. My son can be a joint sponsor. Now I would like to know as to whether or not an Affidavit of Support submitted by my son as a joint sponsor will be acceptable to National Visa Center (Dept. of State) and it will allow to issue immigrant visa to my daughter.

Narsingh

Sir:

I am a green card holder and totally dependent to my son, who is an American Citizen. I have been staying with my son and haven't earned anything till now and was totally unemployed. I am not a pensioner either. Therefore, I didn't file any Income Tax Returns. Since I am a petitioner, I have to be a sponsor and to fill out the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for my daughter for immigrant visa. But, I cannot meet the income requirements to fill out the Form I-864. My son can be a joint sponsor. Now I would like to know as to whether or not an Affidavit of Support submitted by my son as a joint sponsor will be acceptable to National Visa Center (Dept. of State) and it will allow to issue immigrant visa to my daughter.

Narsingh

Comment

If your son claims you as a dependant in his Tax Returns then you will fill Affidavit of Support I-864 and he will Fill I-864A Agreement between Sponsor and household member.
      If he is not claiming you as an dependant, then you will have to file Affidavit of Support and he will have to file an additional Affidavit of Support.
      In both cases there should be no problem, if poverty guidelines are met.
      Good luck.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether mama's son is claiming his mama as a dependent or not -- dependent or not, mama has to fill out I-864 and mama's son fills out I-864A.

Comment

Working...
        X