F 1 married with GC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F 1 married with GC

If F 1 visa holder gets married to a GC holder and aplies for I-130 can he stay in the country after F 1 runs out?
    Somebody mentioned that I could legally stay on AOS. Is that true?
    What does AOS means?

If F 1 visa holder gets married to a GC holder and aplies for I-130 can he stay in the country after F 1 runs out?
    Somebody mentioned that I could legally stay on AOS. Is that true?
    What does AOS means?

Comment

No you cannot stay just because an I 130 was filed. Your petition won't have a visa available for about 5 years as the spouse of the GC holder.

Comment

AOS = Adjustment of status
        You cannot do this as the spouse of a GC holder until your petition becomes "current" - a process that takes about 5 years.
        Spouses of American citizens do not have a numerical limit on the # of visas issed each year so their petition (after approval) is "current" and they could (usually) file for AOS (adjustment of status).

Comment

Bob , What on earth would I be thanking immigrants for these days. Maybe the ones who came 100 years ago,but now?? We don't need or want any more of them . We don't get the good ones anymore. You know the Europeans who were educated, had good manners and were nice looking. Now we get third world country retards who can't do much of anything but mow lawns and have kids they can't afford. YOU might be gratefull for that, but me and 90% of the rest of Americans aren't. Have you been reading the papers lately Bob. ?? People want immigration stopped for a while. Then when it starts again we want better people. We are tired of letting in poor uneducated ugly people who have NOTHING to offer but their lawnmowing skills. I am not gratefull for them BOB sorry. And if the ones coming are upset we are not grateful, they can stsy in whatever third world trash heap they live in now. THEY should be gratefull we let any of them in. Amerricans are getting pretty sick of them Bob. We don't need them . The country is built. We can invent a machine to pick grapes and hire some school kid to mow the lawn.

Comment

Working...
          X