No announcement yet.

Why we DON'T WANT YOU HERE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegado, your husband still has the responsibility to support his children, whether you are legal or not. He should be paying child support (alimony if you were not working during the marriage) and paying health insurance premiums for his sons. Don't let him get away with abandonment! Go after his a$$ - get yourself a good attorney with flexible payment terms. Did he ever petition for you? If so, did he withdraw it?

Comment

• I did do my research. I don't just make empty remarks about that. It is controlled by congress, because they do set aside the amount to be used for it. It than goes throug the USDA and the Farmers Market Association..something or rather (forgot the name). It is part of government controlling the market price. It's complicated, but I know for sure, the funds are not taken out of taxpayers contribution.
      And where do you think the money congress sets aside for the program comes from? U.S. taxpayers of course!

Comment

• Hi desertrose2002, I thought the same thing and then went digging for more information. The funding comes solely from the Department of Agriculture - by grants. I couldn't find anywhere that it said any tax dollars were used for this. If you determine otherwise, please let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          Vegado, your husband still has the responsibility to support his children, whether you are legal or not. He should be paying child support (alimony if you were not working during the marriage) and paying health insurance premiums for his sons. Don't let him get away with abandonment! Go after his a$$ - get yourself a good attorney with flexible payment terms. Did he ever petition for you? If so, did he withdraw it?
          Proud USC,
          I have a court order stating he has to pay and keep the insurance on us ( well the order says also he has got to file my paperwork)
          BUT, he is a high ranked soldier currently deployed so nothing can be done. Even when he is not deployed the army is not really helpful since he has so many yrs in and such a nice rank.

He did file my papers 2004, we sent it in and waited. 2005 we found out the INS supposely send my papers back to us but we never received them. Reading here on the board I see that happens quite often.
          Well he decided to abandon us in 2005 and is refusing so file any papers ( even if the court tells him different)
          If you read my other postings you know my story.
          Now after talking to our senator I know I can file the petition for a battered/ abused spouse, what I am doing right now.

But that is exactly where the " problem" is.
          I think that there are quite a few illegal women here, were the husband don't file the paperwork or file it knowingly wrong so they will always have power over these women.
          I was scared like hell the last few yrs; everytime I try to get my and my kids rights I heard from him " If you do that I will deport you and the kids stay here" So what do you do? You just hold still try not to get any attention and pray that if he goes nuts you can at least take the kids.

I have met a lot of wounderful people here, people who helped me without even knowing us during that difficult time.

What makes the United States of America a great nation is not that they are a super- power ( because they are not the only one anymore), it is not the welfare sytem ( I have seen better- it is not worth it to sneak across a boarder for that) - it is the people themselfes ( most of them- some weired one are out there too) who make this country good. I have seen a lot of this world, but how most Americans reach out to help others ( the poor people next door, the stangers theiy have heard about from friends, or the local homeless shelter)- is unique. You won't find that anywhere else. This is what makes the US great in my eyes, and no illegal immigrant can take that away from a true American.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProudUSC:
            Hi desertrose2002, I thought the same thing and then went digging for more information. The funding comes solely from the Department of Agriculture - by grants. I couldn't find anywhere that it said any tax dollars were used for this. If you determine otherwise, please let me know.

Not exactly. The funding comes from the federal government to the state level in the form of a grant. The individual states then have contracts with the USDA and Farmers Market. The point being, it is all funded from our tax dollars. WIC also provides free check-ups and vaccines, which are also funded with our tax dollars.

Comment

• Vegado,

I guess I'll need to do more research then. I didn't know someone's rank in the military overruled their obligation delegated by a court order. You sound like a sincere person and someone who loves this country. I wish you the best in collecting what is owed from your deadbeat husband and getting through the legalization process.

Comment

• Vegado,

My husband was in the US Army, and there is no way your husband can get away with that. He can be dishonorably discharged for not paying for his kids and keeping insurance on them and not following a court order etc. They WILL garnish his wages. Have you called the JAG office or went to the AER (Army Emergency Relief) office?
                I know for a fact if you go there and tell them what is going on, they WILL see to it he does what he is supposed to. The Army takes this kind of thing very seriously and he can be court marshalled for this.

I wish you and your kids all the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by desertrose2002:
                  Vegado,

My husband was in the US Army, and there is no way your husband can get away with that. He can be dishonorably discharged for not paying for his kids and keeping insurance on them and not following a court order etc. They WILL garnish his wages. Have you called the JAG office or went to the AER (Army Emergency Relief) office?
                  I know for a fact if you go there and tell them what is going on, they WILL see to it he does what he is supposed to. The Army takes this kind of thing very seriously and he can be court marshalled for this.

I wish you and your kids all the best.

Desertrose,
                  Oh I now that he won't get away with that in the long term, but this didn't help me during the time everything happend.
                  General Umbarger knows me very well, and I also talked every week with my husbands superior, but until recently I was to afraid to really do something since he always threatend me.

Since your husband was in the US Army as well you may understand following examples, where his years of duty and his rank obviously take a part.
                  Tricare for AD cost you 35 dollars per family. In April 2006 3 weeks before my disabled son had to have a heart catherter put in he cancelled the insurance just to annoy me. It took me three month to get the insurance started again. Unfortunally during that time my boys broke his femur ( osteroporosis because he is not weight bearing).
                  I was on the phone as often as I could with JAG to straighten that out, and of course my husband is not stupid, he did not refuse to sight us up again he just didn't sight at the right place, then he put the wrong SSN down, then the wrong names and so on.
                  I took me 6 month to get my husaband to sight my boy up for ECHO ( it is free- it does not cost him a penny!) so we could get a wheelchair for him. Do you think anybody made him sign those papers? NO.

You talk about court marshalled? Ask your hubby, what the regular punishment for adultry (I had proof for that!), abandonment and neglect is. Guess what my husband got! Article 15 ( he had to pay 200 dollars to the ARMY!)

The Army did take things like that very seriously 20 yrs ago, but not anymore. My husbands familiy is a military family for generations and they have never seen something like that. Things have changed a lot.
                  I just talked to my attorneys paralegal and she told me that after they took my case they have 2 others which are like mine.

It took the prosecuters office 8 month to get the garnishment order through to the military since Defas always said that they don't have a soldier listed with that name. Well that was not true since we new where he was and did talk to his superior. It is just wicked.

Oh just one more thing, maybe you will understand why it is so difficult for me to get my rights.
                  A brigade returned 2005 from Afghanistan. The CG was accused of adultry and drug related crime during deployment. According to the reports of friends of mine who came back with this brigade the accusations were true. The CG was not convicted because my husband and 2 others ( one of them did the same thing my husband did to me) stated that they were with the CG during all the time these incidens happend and stated that the accusations were not accurate.
                  So you know somebody is covering my husband butt now.

I am sorry that this posting is so long now, but people always thing, " oh you are a military spouse, it will be easy for you"- no it is not! The army can be as corupt as any other organisation. I din't say they are always like that but in my case they are.
                  We did call everybody for help, but nobody likes to mess with the army when they are short of soldiers anyway.

But I know sooner or later it will catch up with him- and I will get my papers straighten out ( thanks to our Senator)- but all this didn't help me when I was here all this time with no money, two boys and thousands of miles away from home, and scared like hell!

Everybody here on that board has my permission to kick my husbands butt if they should run into him

Comment

• Vegado,

That is just shameful that the military let's these guys get away with that! I know they are famous for covering for each other, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Fortunately, I have never been in a situation like yours, so I guess I can't really know how hard it is.

It is Incomprehensible how a man can do that to his wife and kids. A man like that is no man at all. I am glad you are getting help for yourself and your children and hope he gets what he deserves.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if INS screwed up and lost your papers and claimed they sent them back and really didn't.
                    BTW, my husband is from Holland and I lived there for over a year (spent a lot of time in Germany too) and know all about high taxes and their social system.
                    He came to the US legally (of course he couldn't have been in the army if he didn't) and we went through hell with INS for years
                    for his paperwork (which is another reason I have a problem with border-hoppers who are a slap in the face to those who go through the hell and expense of doing it legally). I completely sympathize with your situation and for your innocent children who did nothing to deserve this.

A word about your sister-in-law; there are a lot of flaws in the food stamp program-it was ment to be temporary assistance until people are able to get back on their feet. Unfortunately, many people have learned how to take advantage of the system and stay on long term. As usual, the US taxpayers are the ones who pay. The more people on these social services, the higher they have to raise the taxes to pay for it, or they have to cut other programs, etc. My point being, they really need to do something, as the people on these programs are skyrocketing.

Comment

• all i can say on this is MEDIA. There are times to shut up and put up with this bs. and there are times to open ur mouth in the right places to the right people. You have to be vocal. Its not going to cut it in this forum. Stand up for ur sons future and for urs. Keep fighting this ****. Get a national newspaper involved get someone who is running for president involved. What can they do just ignore ur letters... who cares keep writing. SEND CERTIFIED, make them sign for the **** things. u have to do something and if his chief aint doing it for u go the next one up and if he dont do anything go one more step up . But have a paper trail. that is important. U have time, use it. And when u stop at the white house then u took it as far as u can go. But use all the power and use what u have.

Comment

• Thank you for your sympathy!
                        Would I have gotten the same response if I would have been from Mexico?

Somebody here on that board said once " behind every illegal immigrant is a story". Well that is my story, but the same thing could have happend to a mexican woman, maybe it even does?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the US can just take a certain amount of immigrants and that there are immigration rules/laws to make sure that the people living here stay safe; a country can just take so much.

But I really think it is wrong to judge over every illegal immigrant, because for some of us it is not out "fault".

Desterrose, I agree that a lot of people know how to work the system and that needs to be taken care of. But I still don't understand what this has do do with illegal immigrants? I think they are USC who do that. You have this work experiance, so perhaps you can explain how a illegal immigrant can get welfare since this is agains the regulations?

Comment

• Not sure if your post was directed to me, but to be honest, I didn't know you weren't a Mexican - I don't think you mentioned your country of origin. So, my replies were not biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegado:
                            Thank you for your sympathy!
                            Would I have gotten the same response if I would have been from Mexico?

Somebody here on that board said once " behind every illegal immigrant is a story". Well that is my story, but the same thing could have happend to a mexican woman, maybe it even does?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the US can just take a certain amount of immigrants and that there are immigration rules/laws to make sure that the people living here stay safe; a country can just take so much.

But I really think it is wrong to judge over every illegal immigrant, because for some of us it is not out "fault".

Desterrose, I agree that a lot of people know how to work the system and that needs to be taken care of. But I still don't understand what this has do do with illegal immigrants? I think they are USC who do that. You have this work experiance, so perhaps you can explain how a illegal immigrant can get welfare since this is agains the regulations?

My post was specifically to point out the huge burden that millions of illegals pouring over our borders are putting on this country. Also, the US is one of the only countries that gives birthright citizenship, which is causing a huge strain on our social services. I did not point out Mexicans or any other race in my post...illegal is illegal regardless of where they are from. However, I did say that many came into the DHR office with Spanish translators which is a fact. In fact I never saw anyone come in with a translator of any other language other than Spanish.
                            How fair is it to the legal citizens of this country that an illegal couple (both illegal) CAN get benefits for their child/children just because they were able to cross the border illegally and have children on US soil? This happens in numbers you wouldn't believe, and yes they CAN AND DO get benefits for their children because their children are considered citizens if they are born here and they come knowing full well they can, which is one of the reasons they come in the first place. As I pointed out in one of my previous posts, because they are undocumented, they can make up any amount of income they want (which citizens cannot do) and get the max benefits possible. If you consider that there are AT LEAST 11 million illegals in this country (most numbers idicate there are many more than that) can you even imagine how many children are born to illegals (most have at least 3)? You would not believe how many of them are receiving benefits for their children. Most of them have their children on Medicaid (which even covers dental for them) from the time they are conceived unti they are 19 years old. And that doesn't include food stamps (I can tell you the average family with 3 children receives $500-$600/month), WIC until they are 5 years old, and then free school lunches. Can you imagine how much strain that puts on our social services? We have had to cut funding in other programs that help our senior citizens, etc. because of this, which means that legal citizens are not only paying for illegals, but other programs which they may someday need are suffering too.
                            You said: "But I really think it is wrong to judge over every illegal immigrant, because for some of us it is not out "fault".
                            I am not sure what you mean by "it is not their fault" but I suspect that they were not forced to sneak over the border or overstay their Visa. I am a compassionate person and I feel for those born in third world countries. However, one country cannot support another country; it's just too much and not fair to the working people here (including the LEGAL immigrants) who are trying to support their families too and paying their fair share of taxes and paying for their insurance (which you must know how expensive insurance is--(not cheap like tri-care and usually has high deductables), paying for auto insurance, etc. My mother was hit by an illegal who ran a stop sign and 2 of my children were in the van with her. It totaled her van. He took off but she got his license plate #....After tracking him,the police said he had no license and had done this before. Of course he had no insurance...happens all the time...

Comment

• I just wanted to comment on Vegados "not being their fault"...I too consider it was not my fault, that I ended up here without papers. It was my (American) ex-husband's fault, because he did not file for me. He used the fact, that I didn't have papers to control me. I think there are many people that are in the same situation.
                              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

• every $hitbag illegal whines the same tune ..."waa waa waa it's not my fault.." bull$hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X