Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a dead case or there is some hope?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a dead case or there is some hope?

My friend is 51 years old. He got here in 1987. ( from Eastern Europe) the INS granted him asylum shortly after. He petitioned for his wife and children(2) and they got the approval to came over in 1990. However my friend change his mind because he did not like this lifestyle and he left back home without a green card but meanwhile a relative sent him the green card by mail.After 2 years(1992) he came back in the US. He start working and 4 years and 1 day after he rentered the country he aplly for citizenship. Few months later the INS denny his petition , saying that he didn't acumulate enough stay in the US.His lawyer sugested to appeal. Since the appeal(1996) INS did not corespondanced too much with him, except an interview 20 months ago. His lawyer sent a letter of inquire about the case status to the INS. The INS responded saying that his case will be send to the supervisor. That was 3 months ago. Since than nothing . I also want to mention that my friend lost his job 2 years ago, he was on unemployment for the next 9 months after that, he is still not working at the present time( it's almost 2years)
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW ALL YOUR THOUGHTS WHY DO YOU THINK THE INS IS TOTALLY IGNORING HIM(it's almost 7 years). THANK YOU VERY MUCH

My friend is 51 years old. He got here in 1987. ( from Eastern Europe) the INS granted him asylum shortly after. He petitioned for his wife and children(2) and they got the approval to came over in 1990. However my friend change his mind because he did not like this lifestyle and he left back home without a green card but meanwhile a relative sent him the green card by mail.After 2 years(1992) he came back in the US. He start working and 4 years and 1 day after he rentered the country he aplly for citizenship. Few months later the INS denny his petition , saying that he didn't acumulate enough stay in the US.His lawyer sugested to appeal. Since the appeal(1996) INS did not corespondanced too much with him, except an interview 20 months ago. His lawyer sent a letter of inquire about the case status to the INS. The INS responded saying that his case will be send to the supervisor. That was 3 months ago. Since than nothing . I also want to mention that my friend lost his job 2 years ago, he was on unemployment for the next 9 months after that, he is still not working at the present time( it's almost 2years)
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW ALL YOUR THOUGHTS WHY DO YOU THINK THE INS IS TOTALLY IGNORING HIM(it's almost 7 years). THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Comment

The INS is correct in denying his application for naturalization as he needs to follow the standard minimum 5 year requirement from the day his greencard application was approved.Having greencard is enough to some and getting naturalized is sometimes not really for everybody.

Comment

The naturalization application (from 96 you say) has been long abondened and there is nothing active as I understand it (unless he had successfully filed for a "motion to open" which I doubt, because he doesn't have a basis for reconsideration).

All he needs to do is re-apply for naturalization with the new fees and forms etc. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X