Exit & Reentry question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exit & Reentry question

To all, thank you for the advice I have received so far from you all.

I am currently waiting on my I-129F petition. However, my Russian fiancee has a question that will ease the minds of her relatives:

After she enters the country (legally via her K-1), how soon afterward would she be able to return to Russia (for temporary visit)? What is the process for doing this? How difficult is this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

To all, thank you for the advice I have received so far from you all.

I am currently waiting on my I-129F petition. However, my Russian fiancee has a question that will ease the minds of her relatives:

After she enters the country (legally via her K-1), how soon afterward would she be able to return to Russia (for temporary visit)? What is the process for doing this? How difficult is this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comment

Your fiance will have to complete form I-131, Advance Parole, and wait for it to be approved before leaving the US. The K1 visa allows only one entry into the US. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

Thanks billiedance-

One further: the 131 instructions vaguely refer to a "need" for the travel. Does there need to be a vaild reason, other than to spend some time with family? Does the BCIS ever deny these, except for cause? Does anyone have an experience with advance parole?

Thanks again.

Comment

You guys have to get married within 90 days of her entry on K1. Then file her Adjustment of Status (AOS). Lots of forms, pls check how to file it in BCIS website or you can surf in this site using search button and type AOS filing. The forms includes I-131 (Advance Parole). Once you filed the package, it will take about 2 - 4 months for you to hear about Advance Parole approval. The same with form I-765 (EAD).

You cannot file Advance Parole alone...you have to submit it along with other forms (AOS package).

Good luck.

I'm not a lawyer, pls act accordingly.

Comment

Working...
          X