Affidavit of Support form I864 or I134

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support form I864 or I134

I am an F-1 Student Visa holder currently attending a university in the U.S. My wife, who is Perm. Res. is about to petition for me to get the green card.
    Should she file the Form I864 or Form I134, which are both Affidavit of support, since I am a student and not applying from outside the U.S.?

Are required to file the form at all? Is it only relevant when the non-immigrant applicant is outsite the U.S.?

I am an F-1 Student Visa holder currently attending a university in the U.S. My wife, who is Perm. Res. is about to petition for me to get the green card.
    Should she file the Form I864 or Form I134, which are both Affidavit of support, since I am a student and not applying from outside the U.S.?

Are required to file the form at all? Is it only relevant when the non-immigrant applicant is outsite the U.S.?

Comment

If your wife is just beginning the process to petition for your residency and she is a perm. resident, then there is no need to file the affidavit at this time. That will come at a later time when your visa number has become available, and then it will be the I-864. I hope this info has helped you and goodluck to you and yours.

Comment

Working...
      X