name change/ pls Marie, Bushm. or anyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name change/ pls Marie, Bushm. or anyone

Hi, I am a US Permenant Resident and I changed my last name to that of my husband (a US citizen) so now me green card and my passport have different names. If I visit my home country there could be a problem about coming back. And the only way for me to change the name on the Passport is to go home and do it there (as confirmed by my embassy). So I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to change back my name to my pre-married one? Can anyone tell me how to do that on my Permanent Resident Card? Any ideas/ opinions? Is that a stupid move?
    Thank you!

Hi, I am a US Permenant Resident and I changed my last name to that of my husband (a US citizen) so now me green card and my passport have different names. If I visit my home country there could be a problem about coming back. And the only way for me to change the name on the Passport is to go home and do it there (as confirmed by my embassy). So I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to change back my name to my pre-married one? Can anyone tell me how to do that on my Permanent Resident Card? Any ideas/ opinions? Is that a stupid move?
    Thank you!

Comment

You will need to file an application for a Renewal for GC. Leaving the country and re-entering might create problems especially at this time but it could also be you might encounter none, really hard to tell.

If you do leave however without the new GC I would bring as much proof as you can (DL, marriagecertificate, etc.)

Normally your embassy should replace your passport as this serves as your cityhall now. I would ask again.

Also, uou have a GC so I assume you can apply for a US passport.

http://www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

Working...
      X