DMV took my driving license, pls help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMV took my driving license, pls help

My temporary Green Card has expired and I still have not received any paperwork about the extention.
    I had to change the address on my driving license and the DMV took it, because my GC was not valid.
    My husband is in the navy I could not send the I-751 earlier.
    What can I do? I need to drive to work every day. At this moment I dont have any id. Can I get into trouble anywhere else?

My temporary Green Card has expired and I still have not received any paperwork about the extention.
    I had to change the address on my driving license and the DMV took it, because my GC was not valid.
    My husband is in the navy I could not send the I-751 earlier.
    What can I do? I need to drive to work every day. At this moment I dont have any id. Can I get into trouble anywhere else?

Comment

You and your husband should immediately move to a State that does NOT require legal presence to issue a driver's license, and there are still many of them around. Go through the different posts here in this forum, and you will see a list of all States that will issue you a driver's license even if you are illegal.

Comment

- as an active duty military dependant, you should have a national DOD I.D., you could use that for proof of permanent residency

- or get a stamp ("proccessed for I551" etc." from BCIS (they usually charge for that though).

- ask the CO of your spouse to give you a statement about your status.

If all fails, get an international driver's license from your native country and explain to any officer or court if you get cited for that the difficulties you had with your local DMV!

Comment

Working...
        X