Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess my immigrant adventures just began, huh??? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess my immigrant adventures just began, huh??? :)

hi everyone!!! I would appreciate your time and comments on my situation...I entered US on the 21 May 2009 at Washington, Dulles as a POE, I had conditional residence granted in February 09. I had the envelope that was examined by the INS officer and all that comes with it. He had my fingerprints done and had my passport looked through. After that he handed me the passport and welcomed me in US. I left US after 2 weeks of my vacation with the family to my work location. So far, no green card received, no news, and in addition to all that I keep reading online that the passport should have been stamped with I-551 which didn’t take place at POE.

hi everyone!!! I would appreciate your time and comments on my situation...I entered US on the 21 May 2009 at Washington, Dulles as a POE, I had conditional residence granted in February 09. I had the envelope that was examined by the INS officer and all that comes with it. He had my fingerprints done and had my passport looked through. After that he handed me the passport and welcomed me in US. I left US after 2 weeks of my vacation with the family to my work location. So far, no green card received, no news, and in addition to all that I keep reading online that the passport should have been stamped with I-551 which didn’t take place at POE.

Comment

Hi Tatianka and welcome,

I would check with USCIS to determine why they didn't stamp your passport. Are you currently residing in the US or another country?

Comment

You left the U.S. 2 weeks after you entered to go back to work overseas? Yeah, your adventures are just begining. You just lost your residency.

Did you get it by conditional marriage to a USC? And you aren't living in the U.S. with your wife?

Yeah, your adventures are just begining.

Comment

And Proud, USCIS will not know, as they are CBP, who work at Ports-of-Entry.

Comment

You haven't lost your residency yet. As a PR you can remain outside the US for up to 1yr. That said, if you only spent 2 weeks here before leaving it doesn't look good when you try to re-enter. Permanent Resident status means living in the USA for the majority of the time not coming and going as you please. It's a famous old myth you can "re-validate" the PR status just by entering once a year.

I hope you have somebody at the US address you gave on entry who can mail on your PR card. It can take 3-4 weeks to arrive. You should really have waited till it arrived before leaving.
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

yeah, one year, but remember lprs are tracked now in USVISIT, much easier than TECS to know how long you are out each time. Looks like marriage fraud too. Hopefully CBP will catch you next time.

Comment

Just In Case Anyone Is Confused???

federale86 appears To understand Things Others cannot Comprehend!!! It Is real!!! And Worldwide Jungle Rules Can kill You! Without Second Thought Or first thought!!!

You Cannot Think like everyone Else!!!
                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Hi! I work on a US base in Afghanistan. I'm a contractor just like my american husband...

Comment

hey, just to make it clear for you,buddy...me and my husband do contracting overseas and we get 4 getaways per year...

Comment

I knew it! I was gonna ask you that Tatianka.

I hope those that jumped to conclusions in bad taste learn their lesson

Welcome to ILW Tatianka

Is there anyone at the residence in the US taking your mail? Or is it possible you are having your mail held at the Post Office or re-directed?

Also, I know this may sound stupid, but apart from having to come back to the US to sort out your GC, is there someone you can see or speak to outside the US to look into this matter for you?

I hope someone on here will have some better knowledge on a situation like this for you.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hi, Sprint_girl07...Thanks . All my mail comes here to me to APO address in Afghanistan...

Comment

Hi,

Can USCIS mail be forwarded to an APO address? Just wondered.
                          I know they are kind of strict on where they can send a Green Card you see, and if the person isn't at the said address, it would be returned to them.
                          Was thinking that maybe that is what happened in your case?

However, not sure why they didn't stamp your passport at POE. Mistakes do happen as some on here has reported, but you being away, does make things a bit difficult for you to chase up. Not as if you could make an infopass to find out.

I hope someone can give you some clearer answers, sorry not been too helpful. All the best to you though.

Stay safe both of you
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Tatianka, Not sure if this helps or not but apparently New Delhi USCIS has juristiction for Afghan regarding US immigration issues.

Here is the link which gives their contact details and has an email address too:

USCIS New Delhi

If you can't get answers still, maybe worth an email to them to see if they can look into it for you.

Comment

thanks a lot again! Yes, there were no problems with APO so far as all my immigration paperwork got thru.

Comment

Working...
                              X