A felony...will it jeopadize my ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A felony...will it jeopadize my ...

my citizenship application ? What can I do to avoid that ? Any good lawyer out there ?

my citizenship application ? What can I do to avoid that ? Any good lawyer out there ?

Comment

Yes, this more than likely will hurt your application, because you will not be able to establish good moral character. The regulations say within the preceeding five years, but INS will look beyond the five years. If you application is denied you will be placed in removal proceedings. When did you commit your crime, what was it and how long did you serve.

You can respond at tdixon@lawyer.com

Comment

Save you tempers and money, don't apply until 5 five after the crime thing..

Comment

A felony would permanently barr you from establishing good moral character and therefore make you
          1. removable
          2. not eligable for naturalization.

Some reliefs may be available (if the conviction is pre-1996 and you can obtain 212 waiver or an exec clemency)

Comment

Having a felony conviction does not necessarily mean you are be removable/inadmissible. What have you been convicted for?

Comment

Since the law changes of 1996/97 a felony conviction almost always means now that the alien is inadmissable as well as removable.

Comment

Working...
              X