Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Residency through Marriage

Hello Everybody!

I need advice. I'm getting married to a US citizen for the sole purpose of Green Card. It is going to be a fixed marriage (Contract Marriage). People who have done this before and have got their Green Cards please advice me how to go about it.
    1. what steps do I need to take?
    2. Do my spouse and I have to live together?
    3. What kind of questions will we be asked during interview?

Thank You.

cowboy,

this board is to help people with their INS issues..to initiate them how to process their paper...how to elaborate their waivers...to give them advice on many matters related to lagel immigration...
    this board does not initiate people into fraud...
    you'd better not enter into sham marriage. if you get caught you will regret it the rest of your life.

Comment

you figure it out, the rest of (with REAL marriages) had to. Send us a card from jail we'll be waiting.

Comment

The rest of US I meant to say. Actually why am I even bothering with you.

Comment

Please, oh please, do not enter into a sham and fradulent marriage. First of all, you have to prove to INS that your marriage is valid. You have to prove that you have a normal married life with your spouse (i.e.: joint accounts, taxes, same last names, mortgages, leases, etc.). Assuming you pass this hurdle, at the interview the US citizen spouse is questioned UNDER OATH about your relationship. Assuming you are unlawfully able to get through this one too, what you'll get is a conditional green card (if you've been "married" less than 2 years at the time of the interview). This means that on the 2nd anniversary of when you were given your temporary green card you'll have to file yet another petition, the I-751, to remove the conditions on your green card. This means you have to submit to INS further proof that your marriage is legit. The people at INS are many things, but fools is not one of them. I strongly advise you not to go to jail for this.

Comment

make sure you really think this through. Sure it sounds like the easiest and best way, but you will have to be with this woman for the next 3 years of your life (becuase you are only granted conditional residency initially.) You will be partially responsible for any and all debts that she incurs. If you are caught you could face deportation, a bar, or worse. Also, what happens if she meet someone in the next three years... and wants to get married or something.

Think this through... not only does it give a bad name to people who are legitimately married, but it also can be somewhat more complicated and more difficult than you think.

Comment

basically what I am saying is that before you do something like this, you better think way past the interview... because even if you pass the interview ok there are still a minimum of three more years to think about.... and even beyond (credit history, blackmail, etc.)

Comment

70% of marriages between Americans and foreign nationals are fake. INS just can't detect all the fraudulent cases. In sum, one does not have a better chance when is illegal. Even if you're caught (10% of cases) they'll only deport you, you won't go to jail.

Comment

Title 8, United States Code, Section 1325, states that any
                  individual who knowingly enters into a marriage contract for
                  the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws
                  shall be imprisoned for not more than five years, or fined not
                  more than $250,000, or both.
                  What are the penalties for committing marriage
                  fraud or submitting false information or both?
                  Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001, states that
                  whoever willfully and knowingly falsifies a material fact,
                  makes a false statement, or makes use of a false document will
                  be fined up to $10,000, imprisoned for up to five years, or both.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

To Cowbody and others interested in sham marriages:
                      You guys are really bad guys by heart and soul. You do not deserve to even stay in this great country. You guys can go so low to get permanent residency, I can not believe this. If you have no respect for laws of this country, then you should not think to settle here. This country is for law abiding people and we welcome other law abiding persons with our open arms.
                      How you can think of marrying somebody to use them for getting GC? You are not only commiting crime against the Government but also against humanity. You are trying to bring a bad name to a secred word 'MARRIAGE'.
                      Selfish people like you never succeed in their lives and nor will you. If you want to marry somebody, do it for real and give your spouses due respect they deserve. Do not deceive somebody for your own benefit.
                      Shame on you people.

Comment

YOU ARE DESTROYING OTHER PEOPLE FAIR CHANCES AS WELL AS YOR OWN IF YOU EVER MEET SOMEONE ON A HONEST BASIS.

Comment

OK/

Comment

Thank you! Finally, there's at least one more person who believes in the same. I mean, really, this is supposed to be a NORMAL place where people can discuss their life experience, and if they can, help to others.....it's okay, not having the same idea, and morals as others, and if they don't have the same idea, then just not to reply. That's it! People should show a little education here! Come on! We're ALL humans, even if we're chinese, europeans, illegals, legals...ect. Love people, so they love you too!!! God bless everyone!!! And have peace at least at an immigration forum!!! Every people have their own problem, let's not put the anger here!!!! Thanks, and love you ALL!!!!

Comment

If you don't report these law-breaking people to the INS, I will!

Sham marriages are a way for immigrants to come or to stay in this country because they probably would be DENIED entry if they tried the legal way. I, for one, am tired of my taxes paying for immigrants who can't be trusted. They cause our country (especially the INS) to double check and triple check their honesty, which requires even MORE of my taxpayer dollars, not to mention a BACKLOG in the visa process. The problem is so hugeby this time that we cannot hire ENOUGH INS workers to cut through the smoke and mirrors. (more taxpayer dollars out the window -- just to grant the wishes of people who want to be here even though they they weren't born here! This is ludicrous).

Comment

Working...
                              X