Moving To Another State - What To Do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving To Another State - What To Do?

I will try to be brief and would appreciate any suggestions.
    My wife and I filed for my AOS one year ago at the New York City District Office(26 Federal Plaza). We just went to Hawaii on vacation and decided to move there, however we both agreed that the wisest thing to do right now is for me to go first and settle down and for her to come three months later.
    The big problem is that my Employment Authorization Card expires exactly one month after the date I'm supposed to arrive in Hawaii. What should I do in order to renew my employment authorization once I get there?
    We will continue to receive mail in New York for a few more months but I will not be here physically(she will stay here for three more months). I am aware that I must file the form AR-11 but I will probably be on a temporary address until I find us an apartment once I get to my destination.
    Has anyone been on my shoes before?

I will try to be brief and would appreciate any suggestions.
    My wife and I filed for my AOS one year ago at the New York City District Office(26 Federal Plaza). We just went to Hawaii on vacation and decided to move there, however we both agreed that the wisest thing to do right now is for me to go first and settle down and for her to come three months later.
    The big problem is that my Employment Authorization Card expires exactly one month after the date I'm supposed to arrive in Hawaii. What should I do in order to renew my employment authorization once I get there?
    We will continue to receive mail in New York for a few more months but I will not be here physically(she will stay here for three more months). I am aware that I must file the form AR-11 but I will probably be on a temporary address until I find us an apartment once I get to my destination.
    Has anyone been on my shoes before?

Comment

Anyone Please?

Comment

You can reapply 90 days before. Therefore, you should send you application for renewal before you go there. Meantime, you work authorization in New York and some one can mail you via UPS or FedEx.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Tak but
          What if they don't send me the EAD on the mail?
          Can I transfer the EAD application once I already filed it in NY?

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
            X