I129F and Texas Office...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I129F and Texas Office...

The so called Customer Service center is about as usefull as t*ts on a boar hog!!

I filed on June 18th. Moved in Spetember and notified them the day I moved in to my new place. Got a notice that they updated my address in October. The 180th day was December 21st or so. Called and was told that she could do a referal or whatever it is they call it when they just want to get you off the phone. So...she said she would do that and that I would get something in three weeks. Three weeks later, I called and was told that I would have to do this three more times before my file would get a higher level of attention than it is getting currently. TODAY...I called and was told that no one did a referal...and that the system won't allow for a referal to be made cause I really have to wait until February 7th for them to process a referal to find out why there is a delay in the completion on my original request...

Sounds like a bunch of bull to me!! Thank you for letting me vent...but has anyone encountered the same stupid procedural obsticles and found a way to get through them?

A little background...I am a USC by birth...I have a job. She is a Canadian Citizen by birth.

Any productive input would be appreciated.

The so called Customer Service center is about as usefull as t*ts on a boar hog!!

I filed on June 18th. Moved in Spetember and notified them the day I moved in to my new place. Got a notice that they updated my address in October. The 180th day was December 21st or so. Called and was told that she could do a referal or whatever it is they call it when they just want to get you off the phone. So...she said she would do that and that I would get something in three weeks. Three weeks later, I called and was told that I would have to do this three more times before my file would get a higher level of attention than it is getting currently. TODAY...I called and was told that no one did a referal...and that the system won't allow for a referal to be made cause I really have to wait until February 7th for them to process a referal to find out why there is a delay in the completion on my original request...

Sounds like a bunch of bull to me!! Thank you for letting me vent...but has anyone encountered the same stupid procedural obsticles and found a way to get through them?

A little background...I am a USC by birth...I have a job. She is a Canadian Citizen by birth.

Any productive input would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi Rsexmm,

This is not the same application, but I filed for an extension of stay in January 2003 at the Texas Service Centre. The notice received from INS said 30 - 60 days. I phone every month after the 60 days expired and they did the "referrals". The "referrals doesn't help at all. I got an answer after 11 months (December 2003). I don't think there is any use in phoning them, because you are right they are just promising "referrals" to get you off the line.
      Hope that you get an answer sooner than later, but with them you never know.
      At the moment I am waiting on another application. I paid the premium processing fee and guess what: it was filed Middle of December and I am still waiting for an answer...
      Just try to be patient. I know it is hard.

Comment

rsexmm:

Sorry to hear the mess of TSC. A friend of had been suffering at the hands of TSC since 2001.
        You are USC, she is Canadian. How she entered US. if visa what class?
        What forms you have file so far for her.If you please expalin then we might be able to help you.

Comment

Ok...here is the skinny...

She still resides in Toronto with her parents...

I filed an I129F petition for Fiancee Visa and background forms for both of us, on June 18th 2003. So thus far...this is what is on file.

I really hope that someone out there has found an "in" to get things moving. I mean come on...this is insane...they want me to do a referal...wait one month....do another referal....wait another month and do a third referal wait another month before this thing gets elevated to second line support. How ridiculous is that?

Here is a bit more info that may or may not be relavent...Her family is fairly well off and so she would come to Florida and stay for a couple months and than go home to Toronto for a couple months. That's how we met.

Anyway...she tried to come back to Florida after the 2002 Christmas holidays...Right around this time last year. Customs would not let her on the plane until she could prove that she was still living in Toronto. Mostly due to the fact that she visited Florida. Now...she played everything right...entered and exited the country properly letting them know she would be in the US 6 weeks or so each time. Anyway...she was barred for 6 months cause she could not offer enough evidence that she still was a Canadian Resident. She lived at home and had was not employed. Phone bills, car insurance, medical records were not enough.

So...I flew to to Toronto and asked her to marry me in the Cold Canadian Snow!!

Anyway...it's now a year later since I asked her to marry me, 214 days since I filed my I129F paperwork and I am still not married!!!

Any thoughts?

Comment

texas just hugs n-u-t-s plain & simple.. i filed k3 visa, but my 129F was sent to chicago... it was processed within 6 weeks & sent overseas to embassy... since i live in florida, my husbands 1-130 has to go thru texas and they are processing usc based spousal petitions from july 11, 2001, f-r-i-g-g-i-n almost 3 yrs behind... its a joke...

Comment

Julie...I could not agree more.

I have expectations of waiting...of course I do. But I hate not knowing what comes next. I cannot afford an attorney to walk this through, but now I'm left wondering had I hired one, if we would still be waiting? Or, would we be married by now...

Anyway...thank you all for letting me vent some more. My Lady and I am eager to start our life together and build a family. Would have been nice to have started 2004 off right as a married couple...

Any help out there or good advice would be very well recieved by us!!

Good luck everyone!
              R

Comment

I just remembered this website some programmer made for 129F's in Texas. It works for Texas only. check out below post:

Hey fellow TSCers! I found a great site for finding some statistics about I129F in texas. Some lonely guy waiting for I129F who is a computer programmer has written a program that gathers information from the public databases and then posts the results. It has some interesting data on how many petitions are submitted and also how many days they then take for approval. Lets you see the backlog of cases also. Only works for TSC though. Interesting information! here is the site:

http://macallan.homeunix.org/bcis/

Comment

Working...
                X