Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP Before & After

Hi,

I have question. I am married to USC and in the middle of applying my AOS. I noticed that I cannot travel outside US unless I have the AP but its not a guarantee that I will able to reenter US. My question are:-

1. Do I need AP while on unconditional status?

2. What about after I removed my unconditional status?

3. Can I go out from US without AP after I have my GC?

This rules make me scared to go out from US, but I really missed my family abroad since I am really close with them. I wanted to visit them at least once a year.

Your answers on this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you.

rz

Hi,

I have question. I am married to USC and in the middle of applying my AOS. I noticed that I cannot travel outside US unless I have the AP but its not a guarantee that I will able to reenter US. My question are:-

1. Do I need AP while on unconditional status?

2. What about after I removed my unconditional status?

3. Can I go out from US without AP after I have my GC?

This rules make me scared to go out from US, but I really missed my family abroad since I am really close with them. I wanted to visit them at least once a year.

Your answers on this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you.

rz

Comment

The advance parole document is proof that you did not intend to abandon your application for permanent residency while abroad. Everytime you enter the U.S., you are essentially making a new application to enter, whether you have a visa or not. The AP is good proof that you intend to enter and continue with your application for permanent residence. Unless you have a criminal record or were previously out of status for 180 days or more, you should not have a problem returning.

Once you obtain the GC, conditional or not, you will not need an AP to travel.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Working...
      X