What should I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

I am from Bangladesh and currently I am studing at the university. I am also married to an American citizan. I am under removal procedure form INS in Oklahoman City. I have not filed any paper work yet. What should I do? no that I ahve received court hearing date from INS. Please help me.

I am from Bangladesh and currently I am studing at the university. I am also married to an American citizan. I am under removal procedure form INS in Oklahoman City. I have not filed any paper work yet. What should I do? no that I ahve received court hearing date from INS. Please help me.

Comment

File the I-130 and I-485 immediately with the district office. Then ask the court for a continuance so that the petitions can be adjudicated.

Comment

I thank you for your input. I will file those papers as soon as possible. BU t I am worried about my court date that's coming soon. Do I need a lawyer or not? could you please feedback on that. Again I thank you.

Comment

mdbangla:

You are still a student and married a US citizen. Why you are in removal?! please explain

Comment

Our country was called for registration. When I went there, they said that I am out off status because I took less than 12 hours in two semister but I had permission from my school advisor. When I went to register they said that I couldn't do that. So they put me on removal procedure. I am very worried. I don't want to lose my wife. She is very dear to me. I don't know what to do? I need help big time.

Comment

My visa also expired last year.

Comment

FSN:
                Hay, I am waiting for your advise. Please tell me what to do in this situation?

Comment

mdbangla:

You are not giving complete info at one time. Now you visa is expired last year. What about your I-20 is it valid or not?

Comment

sab34:
                    I have a valid I-20. I will expire Dec24th this year. I will renew my I-20 next month. When I went for my interview for registration, person that I talk to, told me that I don't have to file those paper but just stay out off trouble and evety thing will be fine. I am out of trouble. Some how I don't believe that. My only concern is that they put me under removal procedure due to being out off status for two semisters. They also files agaist me that I worked illegally. I don't have work permit, I never applied for it. I don't know what to do. Do I need to get hold of a lawyer?

Comment

Not quite sure about the removal, but at least the expiry of your visa shouldn't be an issue. Unlike in most other countries, where the visa determines how long you are allowed to stay in that country, in the US, the visa merely determines the how long you are able to ENTER the US. Once you're in the US, you don't need to worry if your visa expires unless you need to leave the country and come back, and also if your I-20 etc. are current.

Comment

What if in mdbangla's case if your 1-20 is expired?

Comment

Working...
                        X