Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 (and I-864A) Related Question

Hello:

I was wondering whether an AOS applicant doesn't have to bother about a joint sponsor (I-864A Form) in case his/her sponsor has completed the I-864 and has only for the last year annual income above the 125% of the poverty level, but not for the two other years of the last three the sponsor is required to submit federal income tax returns.

Thanks.

If Sponsor has last year's income which meets poverty lines then it is okay even if in the previous years income was less.
    Good luck.

Comment

Umesh is right, yet I would say that to be on the safer side one may need to have some additional sources of support just in case. Although now that I think, the applicant should be able to add income via the I-864A he may fill him/herself out on the day of the interview given the fact that s/he will be able to legally work from now on...

Comment

To Not A Big Deal In Fact
        You are right, at the time of Interview they can submit new Affidavit of Support and the beneficiary can fill Form I-864A. That is always a viable and best thing to do in these situations.
        God bless you.

Comment

When in doubt, getting a joint sponsor will not hurt your case, it'll only make it better.

Comment

Working...
          X