Canada skilled worker points reduced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada skilled worker points reduced

Required point has been reduced to 67 from 75. Sometime I wonder why I am going through so much hassles in the US just to stay..

Required point has been reduced to 67 from 75. Sometime I wonder why I am going through so much hassles in the US just to stay..

Comment

where did you get that information?

Comment

Can you tell us where you got this info? This is not true.

According to the cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-5.html

the marks are still 75.

Stop fooling people.

Comment

Here it is. It is confirmed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/03/0333-pre.html

Comment

JOSTO..

I am not fooling people. You just need to update yourself with the current events.

Comment

He is not kidding here is the web site. The point score is 67. Check the CIC web site.
              here is the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html

Comment

Sorry, I just saw this.

Do you guys think this will lead to an influx of applications for this class?

By the way, does it mean that if you apply and your points are exactly 67 you will be accepted?

What are the chances that you will be successful to apply to and be accepted there?

Comment

Yes, there will be influx of application for this class and Canada is willing to accept it because they are getting smarter than US. Lots of unfortunate(with US immigration) skilled workers like you and me will decide to move up there. If you think it right..More skilled worker in the country will be better for the country..and there is not doubt about that..while US is removing and restricting on qualified taxpaying hard workers..

Comment

This is very exciting. But does it mean that once you apply you will be taken in there, say if you meet the maximum points?

By the way can one have both US and Canadian green cards?

Comment

Yikes... Keep in mind that Canada is not tied to the US from an immigration perspective in any way, shape, or form. Nothing will annoy Canadians more than using US terms to describe their process - in other words their is no Canadian Green Card (I have no idea what the slang term is for a Canadian Perm. Residency) but using the term "Green Card" will set you off on the wrong foot with Canadian Immigration.

You would have to face the same issues trying to nail down two citizenships dealing with US/Canada as you would say trying to get an Austrailian Citizenship at the same time as a US one...

Keep in mind, that contrary to popular misconception, Canada has quite strict immigration laws as well and it is no easier to immigrate to that country than it is to immigrate here (might take a bit less time though..)

Just my thoughts, eh...

ARQU

Comment

I hear Canada is a much better country and less quiet politically.

ARQU what do you mean it takes a much shorter time? Do you know whats the turn around time for the skilled immigration category?

Comment

No... I have no idea. As a Canadian citizen I have never dealt with Canadian immigration...

It is beautiful, there are less jobs (as there are less people), the Tax rate is high (nominal Tax rate of 45% in the upper tax brackets), 7% national GST, plus another 7 to 10% provincal sales tax, $10 to $15 smokes, Booze is twice as much, Health care IS NOT FREE!!!! (Unless you make less than $10k - I actually pay 1/2 for health insurance here in the US than I did in Canada...), politics are even worse than here, and so on...

If you move there:

Toronto = Tech Jobs
                          Calgary or Edmonton = Oilfield Jobs
                          Montreal / Quebec - Don't move there unless you are French
                          Vancouver = Very pretty but hard to find work...
                          Eastern cost Canada = NO JOBS AT ALL...

Just my thoughts...

ARQU

Comment

No... I have no idea. As a Canadian citizen I have never dealt with Canadian immigration...

It is beautiful, there are less jobs (as there are less people), the Tax rate is high (nominal Tax rate of 45% in the upper tax brackets), 7% national GST, plus another 7 to 10% provincal sales tax, $10 to $15 smokes, Booze is twice as much, Health care IS NOT FREE!!!! (Unless you make less than $10k - I actually pay 1/2 for health insurance here in the US than I did in Canada...), politics are even worse than here, and so on...

If you move there:

Toronto = Tech Jobs
                            Calgary or Edmonton = Oilfield Jobs
                            Montreal / Quebec - Don't move there unless you are French
                            Vancouver = Very pretty but hard to find work...
                            Eastern coast Canada = NO JOBS AT ALL...

Just my thoughts...

ARQU

Comment

Sorry - Didn't mean to double post...

ARQU

Comment

Working...
                              X