bush doing the right thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bush doing the right thing

THE fact that the president is doing something for illegal immigrants,has made me gain a little more respect for him because even though a lot of people come to the us illegally alot of those people just want to live the american dream.a job.house.car.and a family.so as small as it might be that the president is doing for illegal immi.its still the right thing. thank u and god bless america.

THE fact that the president is doing something for illegal immigrants,has made me gain a little more respect for him because even though a lot of people come to the us illegally alot of those people just want to live the american dream.a job.house.car.and a family.so as small as it might be that the president is doing for illegal immi.its still the right thing. thank u and god bless america.

Comment

Well good for you and those who are illegals..
      I wish I could say the same for people like me who spent so much and followed the rules...

I should have been illegal...

This is what we call fairness....huh

Comment

In a way i'm glad. I have a lot of Canadian friends i'd like to have come down and live here. And now they have an easy route.

Ditto for a lot of Indian h1b's and l1b's who now can stay illegal and still get gc's long after their jobs are finished. No reason to go back home.

-= nav =-

Comment

Thanks Bush for creating more paperwork and longer wait times for my spouse's 1-130 petition to get processed in Texas. Dump more work, forms, and of course no more money into TSC. Repuklicans have always s-u-c-k-e-d

Comment

I am a true American (Republican) and I OPPOSE this move by Bush. It is unfair to the honest grints and rewards cheating. I am dissappointed by Bush.

Comment

Never heard so much b!tching and moaning in my life...........cry me a river all of you. Life is unfair. I can point to many aspects in my life where I could have sounded like you and said: "Ah, that is unfair." But there comes a time when you must move on and quit crying over spilled milk. It's called tough love.

Comment

>Life is unfair.

We'll remember that when a loved one of yours needs to get cancer treatment, but is put on a list cuz the hospital is filled up right now with illegals (i mean legals now) requiring it first.

Or when your car gets stolen, and is now sitting in mexico on it's way to brazil. Just shrug and take it buddy! Be a man!

-= nav =-

Comment

Rollen--you've been misled. The "American
                  Dream" is still beyond the reach of illegal aliens. Bush's plan clearly provides no link between the temporary visa program and permanent residency. Visa holders would still have to meet all the requirements for getting a green card, including sponsorship and income requirements. They would still have to wait in line behind legal immigrants who have already applied (which could literally take years, given that the INS is already backlogged, and that millions of illegals would apply) during which time their temporary visas could expire and they would be required to leave.

The Washington Post this morning has an article which mentions a Salvadoran man, now age 36, who has been here "temporarily" since he was 13, with 6 temporary visas. He is a construction foreman, but notes that he hasn't been able to buy a house, etc., because at any time his status could change back to illegal and he could be deported. That's what illegals will have to look forward to with Bush's plan--more of the same that they have now, only with the plan, government will have a better record of who and where they are.

Comment

The program is open for legal immigrants as well. I do not see the problem.

Comment

moonie

"We'll remember that when a loved one of yours needs to get cancer treatment, but is put on a list cuz the hospital is filled up right now with illegals (i mean legals now) requiring it first."

Nice foolish analogy.......I would be just as concerned if there was a "waiting list" full of citizens. Doesn't make things any better either way.

"Or when your car gets stolen, and is now sitting in mexico on it's way to brazil."

I have had my car broken in to, and contrary to popular opinion, it was not an illegal but a US citizen. Kinda funny huh?

"Just shrug and take it buddy! Be a man!"

That is exactly what I would do!! Good advice! What, should I sit around and cry about it?? Will that change anything?? Nah, move on. That is what insurance is for right?? Nice try though........

Comment

I agree with AliBA's last statement. From what I've read in the Post concerning the new legislation, it really appears that the effect will be to encourage documentation of all illegal aliens, thereby making it easier to force them to leave when their time is up. This is purely an observation, not my opinion on whether it's a good idea or not.

There's one point I'm confused on, though. I thought the Post said temporary workers wouldn't be allowed to adjust to permanent residents, but the President's speech seemed to say they would (subject to all the usual requirements). Would this mean any period of illegal presence would merit the bar from reentry to the U.S. that it does now?

Personally, I liked what the President had to say about not punishing workers by keeping them from visiting their families.

Comment

Keska,

I understand your confusion, it is kind of. But I guess it is a great immigration issue.

First will be a 3 years work status permit, a second chnace to renew for another 3 years (after some qualifications: having job at the moment of that, didn't have any criminal or illegal action and shows that there is anot a demand for US Citizens for your job), then after 6 years in probatory, you could apply for a green card or a residence.
                          If you the path to the residency is 6 years plus the time that last the legal way to the residency (years...), so as many people think, it is not a shorcut to the citizenship.

Bush said: "Some temporary workers will make the decision to pursue American citizenship. Those who make this choice will be allowed to apply in the normal way. They will not be given unfair advantage over people who have followed legal procedures from the start. I oppose amnesty, placing undocumented workers on the automatic path to citizenship. Granting amnesty encourages the violation of our laws, and perpetuates illegal immigration. America is a welcoming country, but citizenship must not be the automatic reward for violating the laws of America. (Applause.)

The citizenship line, however, is too long, and our current limits on legal immigration are too low. My administration will work with the Congress to increase the annual number of green cards that can lead to citizenship. Those willing to take the difficult path of citizenship -- the path of work, and patience, and assimilation -- should be welcome in America, like generations of immigrants before them. (Applause.)"

Comment

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed by the reaction of the majority of people on this website to Bush's proposals. It is true that something needs to be done with the issue of illegal Aliens who are currently in the USA. However, Bush's proposals will make the situation so much worse because it will encourage more people to come here illegally. Before rewarding these people for illegal activity, Bush should first make a considerate effort to tighten the border and fine those companies who hire illegals. Next America, should try to help the mexcian economy so as to improve the living standards of their own people thus making them less inclined to migrate to the USA. Once these issues have been addressed some what then the issue of illegal Aliens already here should be looked at.

Hey but who the f-u-c-k am I trying to kid. Bush is in an election year and so has pulled this proposal out of his closet to cater to Hispanic votes, most of whom came here illegally...ironic isn't it.

Then you have an a-s-s-h-o-l-e called Fox who is unbelievable in his self denial that the migration of his population northwards is a problem. In fact, instead of trying to stop it, he is actively encouraging it because he knows that there is money coming back to his country and also he is able to dump mexico's social probelms on America. He doesn't give a s-h-i-t about the security issue and nor do the illegals who cross our border.Lastly this amnesty is a total insult to all those legal immigrants like myself who have stood in line for hours on end, waited patiently months or even years to move thru the immigration process and have actually contributed something to this great nation. I should of just bought a one way ticket to mexico and walked across the border instead of going thru all the c-r-a-p every LEGAL immigrant has to experience. Bush should concentrate on helping to speed up legal immigration and tighting the borders instead of pandering to the latino vote.As for all those illegal a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s who have inundated this discussion board with their praise for Mr Bush's proposals,I will say a pray that this proposal fails to pass congress because you b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s don't deserve to have the chance to live here unless you are prepared to do it the legal way

Comment

It's a common knowledge that mexican cops ENCOURAGE mexican criminals to leave the area and head to the US, otherwise they'll arrest them. Saves them much trouble and keeps the mexican people safe. Castro does the same thing too.

-= nav =-

Comment

Working...
                              X