Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you give up your perm. residency are you still elligible for SS benefits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you give up your perm. residency are you still elligible for SS benefits?

Hi everyone, I came in the US in 1987 , I am a green card holder and I have worked in the US legally for 14 years. If I leave the US and not come back , my understanding is that they will take my recidency right. My question is: Under these circumstances , is the Social Security Administration going to pay me my benefits when I will be at the age of 62? Also IF YES, what's the procedure; are they going to send the money to my address in my home country?
    Thank you .

Hi everyone, I came in the US in 1987 , I am a green card holder and I have worked in the US legally for 14 years. If I leave the US and not come back , my understanding is that they will take my recidency right. My question is: Under these circumstances , is the Social Security Administration going to pay me my benefits when I will be at the age of 62? Also IF YES, what's the procedure; are they going to send the money to my address in my home country?
    Thank you .

Comment

I "think"(??) you will still receive them, but I also "think" they are less than they would be for a US citizen.
      Why don't you become US citizen, and also keep your original citizenship (OK for the US, hopefully also for your original country)

Comment

Working...
      X